IT Systems Engineer Intern Summer 2019
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 5 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week intern program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way!
Start Date:May 20th or June 10th
The IT Systems/Software Engineering Intern is part of the Mailchimp IT team inside Engineering, and the entire company is our customer. IT helps craft the technology foundation and user experience for Mailchimp employees everywhere. We take ownership when IT systems fail, and we never turn away a call for help.
You will have some solid technical “chops” and awesome communication skills, and happily approach challenges with humor, creativity, and perseverance. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and effective collaborator who may not have all the answers, and who knows when to ask for help. If you’re a persistent tinkerer and want to be part of a solution-building team to help craft internal tools for a lot of customers, please keep reading.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Decent experience with Linux or significant proficiency at macOS command-line tooling
- Scripting/programming experience in one or more common languages (bash, python, etc. php or Go a plus)
- Good understanding of general networking concepts
- Ability to pick up and learn new technologies and languages when needed
- Understanding of basic web application design and configuration, with an emphasis on security
- A level of resourcefulness that sets you apart from your peers
- A collaborative attitude to not only share ideas and resources, but to help others meet their goals and grow the collective knowledge of the team
- Ability to interact with well-documented web APIs through scripting and code
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.