UX Engineer (Design Systems)
Mailchimp is the world's largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use Mailchimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytic tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The Design Engineering team is part of the larger Mailchimp Design department made up of multi-disciplined designers, thinkers, explorers and tinkerers dedicated to bringing a shared vision to life. Our team sits at the intersection of design, product management, and engineering working closely with product owners, engineering team leads, research, data science, marketing and editorial to arrive at elegant solutions for our users.
We’re looking for a UX Engineer with a solid understanding of front-end development, design thinking, component-based design systems, accessibility, and user experience principles. You are self-directed, sweat the details, and push to make sure our users are at the forefront of our team’s decisions. You love working with a diverse array of people, embracing design and technical challenges, and are comfortable leading discussions with both designers and engineers. You also recognize the importance of consistency in design and code, early and frequent communication, and are able to balance current and future needs for your team.Responsibilities
- Work closely with Design and Engineering to develop, document, and maintain Mailchimp’s design system
- Ensure our patterns meet the needs of the application and our users
- Research and propose new patterns, approaches to work, tools, and best practices
- Share expertise with teammates through code reviews, office hours, and other avenues
- Collaborate with the Design and Product teams to prototype new/experimental features
- Help build and maintain internal tools for the design team
- You have experience as a front-end developer in a team setting
- You have excellent communication skills and are able to communicate design and technical decisions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You recognize the importance of sharing work early, feedback from teammates, and collaborating across teams
- You have experience with large web applications or building/contributing to design systems
- You adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices
- You have experience using Git or other source control tools