SVP of People
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp is seeking an experienced SVP of People to join the leadership team as the head of all strategic people operations at Mailchimp. Reporting to the COO, the SVP of People is responsible for ensuring Mailchimp continues to have a competitive advantage when it comes to human resources best practices, talent acquisition, talent development and organizational growth, all while ensuring Mailchimp is living up to our promise of being the best employer we can be.
The SVP of People will have a strong grasp of Mailchimp’s position as an organization as well as a deep understanding of where we’re heading to ensure that we have the necessary people strategies and practices in place to scale appropriately. They will be able to successfully align all people operations to the needs of the business and continually monitor our people practices for misalignment. They will work cross-functionally with the executive team to ensure we’re building an organization of top performers, retaining and developing our talent, scaling our human resources practices to stay ahead of business needs, and creating equal opportunity for high potential talent to grow within Mailchimp. This also includes ensuring we’re developing a culture of accountability and top performance through effective performance management practices that empower people to succeed.
Our leadership team is highly collaborative and supportive of each other, so we are looking for a leader that will excel and thrive in an environment where decisions are made as a group and with candid feedback. The right person is eager to support their peers in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment while always thinking of creative ways to innovate how Mailchimp operates as an organization.
- Develop a People strategy that supports the overall business goals of the company
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to Mailchimp’s Talent Strategy and HR functions including performance management, HRIS management, talent acquisition, employee compensation, benefits, learning and development, compliance, employee relations, organizational effectiveness, and other people practices
- Educate, advise and influence senior leadership on organizational design, organizational development, competency models, leadership development, employee engagement and retention, performance criteria and measurement, succession planning, and change management
- Identify the appropriate KPIs measuring the progression of our strategic people practices against business needs and financial objectives
- Support Culture Officer’s Diversity and Inclusion initiatives across all hiring, promoting, staffing, and development at Mailchimp
- Lead by example Mailchimp’s values of Humility, Creativity, and Independence while helping leadership identify ways to ensure these values are incorporated in all of our people practices
- 15+ years in Human Resources Leadership, with at least 5 years of executive HR experience
- Professionalism and experience collaborating with legal, business operations, and finance to balance compliance and risk management in a growing business
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record of being able to balance persuasiveness with active listening of multiple perspectives to achieve optimal outcomes
- Proven track record of building and leading a large high-performing, cross-functional team across human resources, recruiting, benefits, compensation, business partnerships, learning and development, and administration
- Able to leverage superior skills at managing relationships across departments and seniority levels to yield optimal outcomes
- Highly creative in your approach to leadership and process development
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.