Engineering Manager, Data Systems
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We're looking for an Engineering Manager to join our ranks. This role sits at the nexus of Mailchimp's Development, Operations, and Data Science teams, bridging the gap between data storage and data analysis by creating systems to facilitate access to the data products they need.
Our ideal candidate will combine deep technical understanding with a strong desire to support the rest of the organization with advanced data products and applications that meets their needs. We are looking for an enthusiastic and effective collaborator, eager to work across the organization.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and scale a high performing diverse team of Data Application Engineers located in Atlanta, GA and Brooklyn, NY offices.
- Cultivate healthy channels for communication, review, and feedback. Clearly and effectively communicate across departments, teams, and management tiers.
- Maintain a sense of camaraderie, cooperation, and collaboration among team members. Ensure that members of the team feel psychologically safe. Support and encourage those who face challenging situations.
- Build a common mindset by aligning groups of people along shared goals. Recognize team members' desire to do good work, cultivate their intrinsic motivations and strengths, and connect them with the resources they need to be successful. Establish flexible systems for ensuring accountability.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and encouragement to team members. Effectively acknowledge and reward both individual and team efforts. Support employees in their skill development in ways that meet both strategic organizational goals and their individual objectives.
- Facilitate open and honest dialog within the team, drawing on the broad experiences and diverse perspectives of team members. Coordinate healthy discussions, and work to establish consent when consensus is unattainable.
- Cultivate and solicit honest feedback about your own performance. Put in time and energy to learn to be more effective when coaching, delivering feedback, and developing others, and to understand unfamiliar technologies, tools, and systems
- Utilize failure as an opportunity to learn and grow. Apply criticism and mistakes as an opportunities to learn without assigning blame or entrenching regret.
- Champion appropriate data governance, security, privacy, quality, and retention policies within the organization
We’d love to hear from you if:
- Solid experience managing a team of high-performing diverse engineers in multiple office locations.
- Experienced with software development, analytics and infrastructural support.
- Experience leading a team through one or more of the following:
- Implementation of data governance/data management systems.Implementation of BI/Analytics to an Enterprise.
- Transitioning from on-premises infrastructure and services to the cloud.
- Recognize the value of transparent, honest communication and the necessity of sharing information.
- Communicate confidently, write capably, and present effectively to groups of 5-10 people.
- Are patient, resilient, and willing to take on work even when it's challenging, ambiguous, or intense.
- Deliver clear, effective feedback even when it’s difficult or intimidating.
- Demonstrate self confidence while remaining open-minded. Willing to consider things from other points-of-view and consider the impact on others; comfortable being proven wrong.
- Desire to pursue collaboration even when it introduces dissent. Values bringing diverse points-of-view to the table. Able to balance efforts between planning and acting
- Understand how to augment humility with the courage to propose, develop, and defend ideas they feel passionately about.
- Bonus points for experience with Apache Kafka, and/or experience with Spark, Storm, or similar streaming platforms.
- Bonus points for experience with GCP/AWS or other cloud providers.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.