Talent Development Performance Lead - Engineering
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for a Talent Development Performance Lead to join the Talent Development team. This role will collaborate with members of Mailchimp’s Engineering department, including our Development and Operations teams, and Talent Development leadership to create and deliver employee development strategies and resources to the Engineering organization, including but not limited to technical training events, team building facilitation, and one-on-one coaching.
The ideal candidate is an experienced Talent Development/L&D professional with strong business acumen, expertise in talent development strategies and execution, and prior experience collaborating with a broad range of internal clients. You should have a strong, diverse network of external training contractors across skills and tools, excellent communication and collaboration skills, a confident, warm, professional, and credible demeanor, and should be comfortable with facilitation and coaching.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with HR and Engineering leadership on crafting, maintaining, and delivering strategic talent development paths and resources for roles and career advancement within the Engineering organization.
- Engage with leader and learner stakeholders to discover and define talent development needs and opportunities and expected business impact of talent development activities.
- Serve as Engineering leadership’s frontline for talent development efforts of staff across Engineering departments, including just-in-time and on-going talent development needs.
- Support Engineering leadership, managers, and teams through structured and unstructured learning experiences, including team building facilitation, coaching, meeting participation, and regular skill building activities (i.e. Ops tech training).
- Manage external training contractors and facilitators in delivery of wide range of training content, in collaboration with coordinators and internal operations on planning and execution of talent development events.
- Collaborate with TD team on designing, or redesigning, innovative, impactful talent development plans.
- In collaboration with TD, manage full go-to-market of talent development programs, including driving engagement and collecting and analyzing learner impact and ROI data.
- Act as liaison between Engineering and TD.
- Maintain TD style standards and methodologies within Engineering talent development programs.
- Partner and collaborate with Engineering Human Resources Business Partner.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- strong business experience and strategic talent development perspective.
- experience building and executing strategic development resources within an Engineering organization.
- a network of, and experience with, highly effective technical trainers across skills and tools, including but not limited to Linux, PHP, Agile, Puppet.
- experience developing and maintaining a network of resources within and outside of an organization to support a talent development need and strategy.
- experience effectively collaborating with diverse stakeholders in creation of talent development strategy and demonstrating judgment and reliability in managing their expectations.
- experience in learning tools and technologies.
- experience developing leaders and professionals through facilitated sessions and 1:1 coaching.
- experience measuring and reporting learning program impact.
- advanced active listening skills and interpersonal savvy to build trust and credibility.
- demonstrated ability to work independently, in a collaborative team environment, and across functions and teams.
- superb organization, planning, and written and oral communication skills.
- ability to travel approximately 25%.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.