Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp is seeking a highly experienced Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to collaborate with leadership across the organization on the successful creation and execution of our company-wide Diversity, Equity and Inclusion programs. As a centralized function reporting to the Chief Culture Officer, this role is responsible for defining, driving, and implementing Mailchimp’s D&I strategy. This position will work closely and cross-functionally with leadership stakeholders to embed diversity, equity and inclusion into our talent, learning and engagement processes, and operations.
Our leadership team is highly collaborative and supportive of each other, so we are looking for a leader that will excel and thrive in an environment where decisions are made as a group and with candid feedback. The right person is eager to support their peers in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment while always thinking of creative ways to innovate how MailChimp operates as an organization.
What you'll do here:
- Create a vision and roadmap that fosters change, creates dialogue, and builds excitement about our company’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Build partnerships, assess needs and work directly with HR, Talent Strategy, Corporate Citizenship, Communications and business leaders to shape, execute, and iterate our D&I strategy and solutions
- Consult with business units to determine needs and provide guidance for the design of diversity based solutions that align with business unit objectives and Mailchimp’s overall Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy.
- Drive internal Diversity, Equity and Inclusion programs, partnering with the Learning and Development team to embed inclusion into existing programs and build a full inclusion curriculum
- Steward Employee Resource Groups and similar networks, ensuring charter, group leadership and support to drive meaningful employee connections and positive business impact
- Drive the metrics, data and trend analytics and create effective dashboards to monitor, track progress and pinpoint areas where focus or action will yield positive progress
- Leverage data to provide insights to HR and business leaders so they can drive impactful Diversity, Equity and Inclusion actions for their business/function
- Partner with the HR team, communications, corporate citizenship, and business leadership to develop, communicate and implement the D&I strategy aligned with company culture, values and behaviors - leveraging our strengths and addressing gaps
- Build and maintain strong relationships with external stakeholders, community partners and outside organizations to further our diversity efforts
- Keep a strong pulse on industry trends and market news as it relates to best practices and opportunities around Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 10+ years of D&I Strategy, Change Management, People Strategy, and/or progressive HR experience preferably in a high growth, SaaS environment
- You have 5+ years of proven success designing, implementing, and scaling effective Diversity and Inclusion strategies in a corporate leadership role
- You're a strategic and forward-thinker with strong business acumen and the ability to identify and proactively address impacts and disruptions
- You demonstrate leadership and ability to effectively communicate, guide teams, and influence across boundaries
- You have experience leading large scale change efforts and managing compliance and risk while creating leadership alignment
- You're able to handle sensitive and complex employee relations issues with discretion
- You have strong action planning and implementation experience at scale
- You have the capability to work both strategically and hands-on to deliver results utilizing project program management and leadership skills, C-suite presence and credibility, strong judgement, business instincts to lead major change and transformation initiatives
- You're a strong collaborator and relationship builder
- You are a critical thinker with an analytical mindset
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.