Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for a Research Coordinator to join our team. This role will be tasked with helping researchers find and schedule the right small business users to participate in our interviews, usability tests, and other research projects. You will also help with project setup, closeout, organization, and documentation. The ideal person is exceptionally organized, a proactive self-starter and comfortable adjusting to shifting plans and schedules. In addition, you must be an outstanding communicator and have excellent customer service skills. The role will be fast-paced, impactful, and challenging (at times)—but never, ever boring!
What you'll do here:
- Handle research participant recruiting, screening, scheduling, and other communication.
- Maintain a database of research participants for the various types of studies we do and work with analysts to pull up-to-date recruiting lists.
- Book and arrange rooms or facilities (either at MailChimp or off-site) for research and presentations.
- Assist researchers with preparing materials and equipment for research projects (e.g. create participant profile or travel logistics documents, charging recording equipment or testing devices).
- Coordinate with our research vendors (like external recruiting agencies and secondary market research suppliers) and research tools (like our booking/scheduling and conferencing software).
- Assist researchers in “closing out” research projects (send compensation and thank yous to participants, transcribe interview notes, log participants in a master list, etc.).
- Help maintain the overall organization of our research artifacts (notes, recordings, spreadsheets, deliverables, etc.).
- Occasionally serve as notetaker for research or in-office events, like Customer Panels.
- Occasionally assist with proofreading / editing documents and testing surveys.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You're an outstanding communicator—particularly in writing (you’ll be emailing a lot of customers), but also on the phone
- Proactive self-starter, able to identify gaps and opportunities to create more efficient processes
- Reliable, with a high level of follow-through—you must be able to finish what you start—even if no one is looking over your shoulder
- Able to balance a number of activities/requests and quickly shift focus from one task to another throughout the day
- Comfortable being customer-facing—friendly, personable, helpful
- Strong collaboration skills—you’ll be working with all of the researchers on our team
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented
- A willingness to establish a baseline understanding of user research and marketing strategy
- Previous experience in recruiting and/or customer service is a huge plus
- Bonus points for experience with CRM
- Bonus points for research experience
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.