Director of Project Management
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Project Management Team facilitates communication, organization, and flow of the Mailchimp application development process. We resolve difficult problems and overcome challenges of scale as our organization grows.
Our team is looking for an experienced Director of Project Management who demonstrates excellent leadership, proficient planning and organization skills, strong judgment and decision making, a flexible and positive attitude, and a strong problem solver. You should be a leader with experience in building and mentoring a team of seasoned project managers while knowing how to navigate and positively influence an organization cross functionally at the executive level.
This full-time opportunity is based in Atlanta, GA and will require some travel (<25%)
What you'll do here:
- Communicate a clear mission and vision that is well understood by the Project Management team, those the team serves and the company
- Establish team and individual-level roles, responsibilities and expectations; understand individual allocation and resource needs. Identify resource gaps and advocate to successful resolution
- Set challenging but attainable quarterly goals for each team member; coach the team to meet or exceed goals
- Provide for an environment that clearly supports and champions the needs of Product and Development
- Ensure the team is able to serve Mailchimp using their strengths, has room to grow within their chosen career path and is developing Project Management skills that are aligned with industry standards
- Coach Project Managers in developing a communications strategy to ensure teams are sharing progress, managing dependencies and identifying and mitigating risks
- Be involved in the design, implementation, and continuous improvement of product portfolio management processes.
- Lead resource planning, balancing and making adjustments across projects and programs within the Mailchimp portfolio. Identify resource constraints or needs that may impact these programs from outside the portfolio area
- Provide executives with portfolio- level transparency into status, dependencies, issues and risks across projects and programs
- Provide for an environment that adopts, supports and nurtures Agile principles
- Be the champion for continuous improvement of our habits and practices for product/software development at Mailchimp.
- Work cross functionally to develop outstanding relationships with peer groups and Mailchimp’s leadership community
- Facilitate improvements in the efficiency of product teams interactions and their ability to interface cross-functionally.
- Lead efforts to eliminate waste and increase productivity. Facilitate, drive and manage cross-functional
- Evaluate process health and performance; identify trends and areas for improvement and opportunities to optimize or establish best practices
We'd love to hear form you if:
- You have extensive project management experience (hands on experience managing and executing projects)
- Collaborative leader with experience building effective teams
- Management experience in a software development environment (SaaS)
- Expert level understanding of organizational communication requirements (written, verbal, dynamics, etc)
- Experienced change management professional
- Experience executing in multiple agile environments
- Exemplify Mailchimp’s core values and drives team to champion the customer
- Product knowledge and detailed understanding of what cross functional departments do to support our company goals
- Expert in change management in the form of process, culture or organization
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.