Senior Project Manager
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Marketing team helps drive the Mailchimp brand and shapes the perception of our products. The Senior Project Manager will oversee a variety of project management initiatives. This is a great opportunity to work with a world-class creative team and increase team productivity by helping to evolve and optimize our project planning, collaboration, and execution processes.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with leadership qualities who can work independently in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment. You possess advanced project and change management capabilities, strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, and technical savvy. You are comfortable initiating and leading projects with colleagues at all levels. If this sounds like you, we'd love to meet you.
What you'll do here:
- Facilitate cross-functional team planning for shared marketing and design projects and initiatives
- Participate in project planning to help teams identify objectives, deliverables, and work efforts, and to assist with establishing schedule constraints
- Provide day-to-day project management for Marketing projects and initiatives, to include helping to mitigate risks and dependencies, remove obstacles, and promote communication among team members
- Collaborate with different teams throughout the company to drive alignment on projects and initiatives
- Assist with implementation and training of any new technologies and software the Marketing team may need, including a new project management system
- Maintain project documentation and communicate timely updates of status, achievements, and potential challenges to the Marketing Leadership Team
- Facilitate habits and norms required to maintain productive cross-functional teams, including weekly standups, planning, showcasing, and retrospective meetings
- Act as a team champion, pitching in on special projects as needed to support all areas of Marketing and the Integrated Marketing Team
We'd love to hear from you if:
- 5+ years experience in project management or related field, preferably in an agile environment, plus previous experience in a marketing or business operations role
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate requests, prioritize requirements, and align efforts across multiple departments and teams in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and able to change priorities quickly as well as lead others through those changes
- Ability to educate, communicate, and present to team members at various levels within the organization
- Very strong organization, problem solving, follow-through, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated use of project management techniques and tools to scope, prioritize, and coordinate projects
- BA or BS in Communications, Marketing, Business Management, or related field
- Experience leading website and other digital application initiatives and implementations
- Proficiency with tools such as Basecamp, Clarizen, JIRA, Confluence, or similar
- Project Management (PMP, CAPM) and/or Agile Certifications (ACP, CSM)
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.