Director of Merchandising
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
As the Director of Merchandising you will be responsible for the merchandising of the Mailchimp Marketing Platform across channels from advertising, to the website, to in-app, ensuring a seamless customer experience that drives interest and conversion. You will be responsible for developing the strategy for promotions, offers and merchandising solutions for each vertical and segment, and will manage testing and optimization to deliver revenue targets. You will lead strategy based on data, customer insights and the brand promise that results in a highly effective shopping experience online and in-app that drives engagement, reduces friction and ultimately improves conversion. You should have a deep understanding of Mailchimp customers and prospects, as well as a deep understanding of the Mailchimp Marketing Platform, the overall martech market, and the competition globally.
What you'll do here:
- Set the overall merchandising strategy and plan to drive acquisition, growth and retention.
- Create promotions and manage a promotional calendar
- Manage the merchandising of bundles and specific platform capabilities, ensuring we are optimizing the message across placements
- Lead cross-functional campaign launch teams to ensure clear and consistent merchandising across earned, owned, paid, and social channels pre-sale and in-app.
- Make recommendations for changes to merchandising based on market trends, opportunities, promotions and competitor activities
- Manage growth initiatives including testing and optimization
- Create and maintain relevant reports and KPIs that detail the effectiveness and business impact from digital merchandising activities to understand customer behavior on the sales platforms
- Analyze site metrics to make recommendations to improve engagement and conversion
- Partner with Product Management and CX teams to develop functionality, requirements recommendations and priorities for merchandising needs on the site and in-app, providing input and partnering to execute launches.
- Lead and manage small team of growth marketers in support of these responsibilities
- Monitor competitive merchandising activities, identifying gaps and opportunities
We'd love to hear from you if:
- 10+ yrs marketing and merchandising experience in B2SMB or B2C businesses ideally in the Martech, SaaS, cloud or mobile technology industries
- Extensive experience creating merchandising strategies across channels
- Proven experience creating bundles and promotions for targeted segments to drive growth
- Experience creating compelling messaging and positioning for different segments and personas
- Proven experience managing growth initiatives including testing and optimization; Six Sigma certification preferred
- Deep knowledge of pricing theory and how it drives consumer behavior
- Ability to craft compelling stories for SMB’s that drive interest and engagement with our solutions
- Experienced marketer that understands how to use the full marketing toolkit
- Technically savvy and intellectually curious about new technologies and how they work/enable new customer solutions
- Avid learner who has experience learning new markets and industries and devising solutions and marketing strategies to reach those markets
- Strong teaming skills and experience to bring together diverse views and communicate/collaborate effectively
- Strong creative, problem solving and strategic thinking abilities
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work to drive results on-time and with high quality
- Exceptional critical thinking, analytical and quantitative skills
- Proven experience leading and managing teams
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.