Director of Product Marketing, Ecommerce Vertical
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Director of Product Marketing, Ecomm Vertical will be responsible for driving the success of Mailchimp products and solutions for ecommerce SMB’s in the global market. You will develop a deep understanding of Mailchimp customers and prospects in the ecommerce vertical, as well as a deep understanding of the Mailchimp Marketing Platform, the overall martech and ecommerce market, and the competition globally.
What you’ll do here:
- Be the ecommerce vertical expert on our customers, the market, the martech needs, and the competition across all the regions Mailchimp does business in
- Deliver the business results for acquisition, growth, and retention of the ecommerce vertical
- Define segmentation, use cases/scenarios, buyer personas and value proposition and use that to build positioning, targeting, pricing and messaging specific to ecommerce SMB’s
- Understand customer pain points, and define clear and compelling value propositions, competitive differentiation and customer success stories to address them
- Create strategies for new product launches and go-to-market recommendations
- Create ecommerce-specific offers and messages that are compelling, relevant and differentiated
- Partner with the Content Team to support all of the above including webinars, educational tips & tricks, in-app messaging, guides, product videos, customer success stories, blog posts, ebooks, infographics, and more
- Partner with the Integrated Marketing team to define and execute demand generation plans
- Lead and manage small team of product marketers in support of these responsibilities
- Work with the product management team to uncover new markets and use cases, define new offers and influence roadmap decisions
- Validate hypotheses through customer insights, data analysis, and testing
- Monitor competitive activities, identifying gaps and opportunities
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have extensive marketing experience in an ecommerce business preferred; experience in B2SMB or B2C product marketing in the Martech, SaaS, cloud or mobile technology industries
- Experience creating go-to-market positioning and strategies
- Proven experience creating and merchandising offers unique to different target needs
- Proven experience creating compelling messaging for different segments and personas
- Ability to craft compelling stories, collateral, and tools around technology products and services for both business and technical buyers
- Experienced marketer that understands how to use the full marketing toolkit
- Technically savvy and intellectually curious about new technologies and how they work/enable new customer solutions
- Avid learner who has experience learning new markets and industries and devising solutions and marketing strategies to reach those markets
- Strong teaming skills and experience to bring together diverse views and communicate/collaborate effectively
- Strong creative, problem solving and strategic thinking abilities
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work to drive results on-time and with high quality
- Exceptional critical thinking, analytical and quantitative skills
- Proven experience leading and managing teams
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.