Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Compliance team works to protect and nurture Mailchimp’s reputation, systems, sending ability, and revenue streams by enforcing our Terms, combating abuse, and educating and empowering our users to follow best practices that optimize deliverability. A core portion of the team is customer facing, and the primary interface for interaction with customers is through our email-based ticketing system.
We’re looking for a Manager to join our ranks in our Monday-Friday 11am-8pm shift. You will manage a group of individual contributors, supporting them in their day-to-day work and their long-term career development. You will also help run the department’s routine operations as well as specific projects and initiatives. You have leadership experience and strong problem solving skills. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
- Lead a group of 6-8 individual contributors responsible for conducting the mission of the department
- Act as an escalation point for direct reports and provide guidance for difficult or ambiguous issues
- Set clear expectations for employees regarding day-to-day responsibilities, work assignments, and expected behaviors.
- Monitor individual performance to ensure agents are providing an optimal customer experience and maximizing productivity
- Manage routine operations and logistics of the department and maintain a proficient understanding of the business
- Serve as the point person for one or more areas within the department - owning all associated initiatives and projects
- Support the long-term career growth and development of direct reports, helping them build and enhance their skills
- Motivate the team while working with them to ensure they abide by all company policies and procedures
- Work with Compliance leadership to set quarterly goals for self and employees
- Participate in a management on-call/on-point rotation
- Five or more years of total work experience, including 2 or more years of management experience
- Experience working with customer-facing teams and the internal departments that support them
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effectiveness in relationship building and influencing others
- Strong organizational skills for supervising and managing work
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple assignments concurrently
- Ability to be detail oriented without losing site of the big picture
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and display an appropriate sense of urgency
- Ability to be self-reliant and motivated in delivering desired results
- Desire to aim high and strive for superior performance - for self and others
- Ability to remain focused in a challenging, fast-paced work environment
- A positive “can do” attitude
- Ability to adapt well to change - and helps others do the same
- Humble about accomplishments and creative about solutions
- Bonus points for:
- Bachelor’s degree
- A background in email deliverability, anti-abuse, legal, or security operations
- Project management experience
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.