Senior UX Researcher
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our Research team helps the company understand the people we’re designing for, what motivates them, and where our apps fit into their lifestyles and workflows. We use surveys, interviews, onsite visits, usability tests, and other methods to study people, products, and the marketplace to understand the context in which MailChimp lives. Our research plays a vital role in prioritizing product decisions, guiding feature development, and designing the customer experience.
We’re looking for a passionate, user experience-focused individual to join our team as a Senior Researcher. An ideal candidate is nimble, listens hard, observes everything, and can balance just-in-time research with long-term research efforts. You should be an experienced researcher who’s comfortable working solo, is adept at working as a dedicated member of a cross-functional team, and collaborates effectively with MailChimp’s Product Management, Marketing, and Design teams, among other departments. You must be a highly skilled communicator—a deft interviewer, excellent writer, and diplomatic colleague.
What you'll do here:
- Influence team morale and momentum on a cross-functional software team alongside Design, Development, QA, and Marketing to provide UX research that supports the objectives of the product and needs of the Mailchimp small business customer
- Knows when to apply appropriate research methods to uncover insights (including, but not limited to in-depth interviews, ethnography, surveys, usability testing, heuristic evaluations, concept testing, and competitive analysis)
- Advocate for and lead foundational research that informs product strategy
- Provide direction to fellow UX researchers to conduct UX work that maps to larger research and product goals - with ability to track and communicate insights as they are uncovered to inform product strategy
- Adept storyteller who knows how to share research findings and insights with the why behind user behavior with product team and senior leadership.
- Develop and evangelize an informed view of our customers and end users and their experiences
- Create, maintain, and update UX tools that leverage insights (personas, experience maps, etc.) to be used in product and design discussions
- Plan and facilitate design workshops and UX training sessions with design, product management, and engineering
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have extensive experience with mobile app (iOS/Android) and mobile web research
- You possess a strong understanding of web and mobile standards including responsive design
- You have proficiency with UX research methodology (both evaluative & generative) and tools
- You have the ability to translate research results to actionable findings, and drive design and product changes.
- You are an effective communicator: providing feedback and evidence to ensure best outcome, presenting insights that empower others to make decisions, ability to thoughtfully challenge different points of view
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Skilled cross-team collaborator
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to tailor the message to various audiences (product teams, product managers, fellow researchers, leadership, etc.)
- You have prior experience with digital marketing products
- You have the ability to balance multiple concurrent projects
- You have the ability to think at a systems level and connect the dots between individual work streams
- You possess prior experience mentoring researchers and designers in UX practice
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.