Test Engineering Manager
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp seeks a Test Engineering Manager who can help our team of test engineers design and develop a robust automation system. Automated tests that support our QA team and give product engineers confidence are critical to the successful release of Mailchimp’s products.
Our Test Engineering Manager will focus on automation programs and how they improve the quality of development across Operations and Engineering. You’ll work collaboratively across departments supporting infrastructure, implementation, and ongoing improvements to our automation framework. You’ll also help shape the growth of the existing team while cultivating a culture of exploration and learning.
What you’ll do:
- Provide a clear and direct process for our test engineering team to collaborate across departments and prioritize their workload.
- Collaborate with Product, Operations, Support, and QA teams to build tooling and documentation that helps reduce overhead in our development process.
- Watch for areas to improve with our tooling and maintain existing software.
- Engage with testing community to bring ideas and innovation to the team.
- Recruit, onboard, manage, and retain a team of Test Engineers.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- Commitment to exemplary code quality.
- Must have a deep understanding of modern automated testing tools, frameworks, and processes.
- Advanced proficiency in one or more core programming languages (Java, Ruby, or PHP), related frameworks and best practices.
- The ability to make technical decisions, review design and code while ensuring best technical practices.
- Willingness to embrace iterative development as the means for building seamless products/tools.
- Exceptional ability to effectively motivate and manage teams of individuals.
- Commitment to increasing efficiency in the workplace by continuously automating parts of the software testing engineering process.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in an automated testing architectural role.
- Experience with both native mobile and web automated testing.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.