Senior Tax Accountant
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The tax team at Mailchimp is responsible for all aspects of tax compliance for the company, including income tax, sales tax, international tax, and tax credit opportunities. The team works cross functionally with the accounting, finance, customer support, legal, HR, and engineering teams.
The Senior Tax Accountant will report to the Tax Manager and will help ensure all tax filings are completed on time and accurately. They will serve as a point of contact for tax within the company and with external tax service providers.
What you’ll do here:
- Assist with collection and analysis of financial information for income tax filings
- Help review Federal and state income tax returns, estimates, and extensions prepared by external tax accountants
- Assist with state and local tax registrations and business license renewals
- Review and coordinate monthly filing of sales tax returns and payments
- Assist with international income and indirect tax filings
- Prepare and review tax general ledger account reconciliations
- Participate in tax planning and tax research projects
- Respond to tax notices from various federal and state agencies
- Help monitor tax legislative changes and the impacts on the company
- Help refine tax processes and internal controls in place
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA or CPA eligible
- You have 2-4 years of tax experience (public accounting experience preferred)
- You have tax compliance experience with passthrough entities
- Experience in state and local tax preferred
- You have the ability to work collaboratively, demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness
- You have advanced Excel skills
- Master’s degree in Taxation preferred
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.