Senior HR Manager, Performance Management
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The HR and Benefits team is a dynamic group that serves Mailchimp’s 900-plus employees, and we’re looking for a Senior HR Manager - Performance Management to join the team. This role is responsible for working cross-functionally to ensure that Mailchimp has a competitive advantage by building and executing on programs designed to keep Mailchimp growing strategically as an organization. You will be working in close collaboration with HR business partners, talent development, employee experience, and functional leadership across the company to make sure we are staying ahead of organizational issues and proactively setting our people, and our structure, up for success.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and will be responsible for setting the strategy and direction and executing in the areas of career pathing, job competencies, performance management, change management, leadership succession planning, and process improvement initiatives.
- Lead the company’s performance management processes, including strategy development, process and tool design, communication, execution, and setting appropriate KPI’s to support successful outcomes.
- Partner with senior leadership to define career levels and create competencies that accurately establish the knowledge, skills, and attributes needed to be successful at Mailchimp and successful executing against departmental business goals.
- Create career pathing tools and processes and collaborate with the Talent Development team to ensure that internal hiring and internal apprenticeship programs are utilized to support alternative career paths.
- Develop change management initiatives that support business strategy; create and distribute change management tools that align incentives appropriately.
- Partner with senior leadership to identify needs, then develop leadership succession plans and partner with the Talent Development team to ensure appropriate development tools are utilized to execute on succession plans.
- Provide consultative support to HR Business Partners in the areas of performance management, career pathing, job competencies, and change management to ensure flawless execution of process and projects and identify areas for improvement.
- Serve as internal consultant to the HR team on performance management.
- Maintain all established programs with careful oversight and initiate periodic evaluations to confirm that programs continue to align to Mailchimp strategy. Adjust and revamp, as needed.
- 7 year of relevant experience, with at least 3 years of experience developing and managing performance management processes.
- Demonstrated success at navigating through a fast-paced, high-change environment.
- Proven ability to translate strategies into actionable plans and lead/manage multiple projects at a time.
- Experience with Workday is a plus.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.