Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp is seeking a highly experienced CISO to collaborate with leadership across the organization on the successful creation and execution of our company-wide security programs. As a centralized function reporting to the SVP of Technology, this role is responsible for defining, driving, and implementing Mailchimp’s security strategy to protect the business from security threats and cyber-attacks. This position will work closely and cross-functionally with Legal, Finance, IT, Engineering, Business Operations, and other leadership stakeholders to ensure the entire Mailchimp ecosystem is secure from threats.
Our leadership team is highly collaborative and supportive of each other, so we are looking for a leader that will excel and thrive in an environment where decisions are made as a group and with candid feedback. The right person is eager to support their peers in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment while always thinking of creative ways to innovate how Mailchimp operates as an organization.
What you'll do:
- Create and implement a strategy for the development of information security technologies, policies and practices to secure protected and sensitive data while ensuring information security and compliance with applicable regulations
- Recruit, hire, and retain a top performing and diverse team of security professionals to execute on the comprehensive security strategy
- Stay ahead of the global threat landscape and the technologies used to defend Mailchimp’s corporate assets
- Track the latest technical security innovations and stay up to date with the latest cyber security technologies
- Drive change projects and build new capabilities that support a secure environment
- Effectively communicate and educate Mailchimp’s employees from all functions on the purpose and vision of our security strategies
- Work with the Security team to provide guidance on internal/external audits as needed
- Establish and iterate on system safeguards by directing disaster preparedness development as well as conducting preparedness tests
- Advise senior leadership by identifying critical security issues and recommending risk-reduction solutions
We'd love to hear from you if:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a combination of risk management, information security and information technology fields. At least 7 years of experience in a senior leadership role
- Excellent people leadership skills – providing direction, monitoring performance, motivating staff and building a positive working environment
- Proven track record of building inclusive and high quality security organizations
- Able to communicate and collaborate with leadership as the subject matter expert in security, while putting threats and incidents into business context
- Significant experience in developing information security policies and procedures, as well as successfully executing programs that meet the objectives of the business
- Experience in dealing with internal / external auditors
- Experience with colocation and cloud services spanning multiple countries
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.