Director of Engineering
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are seeking a senior level leader to manage and develop several groups within the Engineering department. The focus of this role is on the integrations that most heavily impact our Development and Product groups. The ideal candidate has experience leading large teams that integrate cross functionally with these groups. They should be able to encourage high levels of collaboration that take the concerns of both the product and the other Engineering teams into account.
You will be responsible for growing these teams and working with company and department leadership to ensure processes, structure, and approach remain best suited for the business. In addition to providing excellent support and service to internal teams you should remain focused on providing the best product for our customers and embody MailChimp’s core values of humility, creativity, and independence. By striving for practical, efficient, and reliable teams our department gives the company confidence to innovate. Your efforts will support that confidence and allow us to fulfill our mission of democratizing cutting edge marketing technology for small businesses.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have experience leading large engineering teams, with highly varied responsibilities and priorities, at an established tech product company
- You are committed to growing an engaged, motivated, and healthy culture in an engineering organization
- You have experience collaborating with and communicating strategic initiatives to C-level, VP, Directors, management, and individual contributors
- You are proven successful in hiring and developing effective engineering teams
- You are passionate about a commitment to diversity and a history of creating teams and environments that are inclusive
- You have a history of developing and sponsoring people you have managed, such that their careers advance and accelerate
- You have experience with complex project management and dependencies between teams
- You have experience with planning and structuring of teams to support business objectives
- You are comfortable working with and integrating distributed team members
What you’ll do:
- Partner with Product, Design, and Marketing to execute against a broad set of goals on our company roadmap
- Work with Engineering leadership to ensure teams are effective and aligned under common goals
- Participate in project planning and help scope, estimate, and prioritize complex work
- Recruiting, retaining, and empowering a diverse team of engineers that align with Mailchimp’s values and our Engineering mission
- Personally embracing and demonstrating our values of humility, creativity, and independence
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.