Engineering Administrative Coordinator
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Engineering team gives marketers production-ready software designed to help them grow. We’re looking for an Engineering Administrative Coordinator to join our team to assist our team of Technology Directors across all of our locations: Atlanta (your home base), Oakland and Brooklyn.
This role involves a variety of administrative and engineering support tasks and will help the whole team operate smoothly. This person will be the gatekeeper for schedules, projects, travel, expenses and juggling just about anything else that could come up for all the directors, so flexibility and organization skills are a must. An ideal candidate has a bit of administrative and tech/product experience—such as an internship in a tech company, or position supporting technology functions of a small business—and is looking to grow their career. They should have excellent communication skills and a good balance of confidence and humility. A strong work ethic, ability to be simultaneously detailed and fast, organizational prowess, curiosity, and willingness to learn are key. Your role will be focused on freeing up our Directors’ time from administrative activities, so the team of directors can reallocate that time to work on more strategic and leadership goals. This role will provide support across all our office locations but be based in Atlanta.
- Managing schedules and providing one point of contact for organizing intra-departmental meetings
- Coordinate schedules with external vendor meetings (vendors don’t have visibility to our google calendars)
- Assist in identifying opportunities to combine meetings reducing triangulation
- Collaborating with recruiting on interviews
- Meeting room booking & management
- Coordinating and booking travel
- Manage expense reporting for directors
- Own collection of R&D hours
- Assist with engineering management leadership initiative tracking
- Internal event planning where necessary
- Execution of department onboarding meetings / information share events / leadership events
- Creating agendas, organizing content (oversee deck creation) and owning set up for all engineering department and leadership meetings
- Ad hoc support for engineering senior leadership/project management (team planning support, distribution list, agendas for check-ins, etc)
- Coordinate with facilities for vendors visiting the office
- Coordinate department sponsorships
- Escorting vendors/partners around the office/to meetings when they visit MC
- Manage distribution lists for specific teams as there are new hires/promotions, etc (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, etc)
- Coordinate manager rotations for giving Engineering onboarding class to new hires
- Send reminders about team birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
- 2+ years relevant experience in an administrative support role. Prior team and/or office management support is required. Experience within Product Management / Tech / Marketing ideal.
- Prioritizes tasks and meets deadlines with minimal supervision. Strong problem solving and quick thinking.
- Independently explores and learns about the company, the role and how to get things done in a complex environment.
- Strong team player. Collaborates well with other administrative assistants. Willing to chip in and help in other areas.
- Experience and skill creating and organizing presentations and reporting for executive audience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to stay on top of time sensitive projects and urgent requests, requiring a high level of flexibility and ability to execute quickly.
- Thinks ahead, minimizing potential problems. Proactive in identifying areas to improve.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Communicates openly and directly. Adjusts communication to level of audience. Responds professionally.
- Ability to work efficiently and handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently, in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient Mac or PC skills to include Google suite.
- Takes initiative to learn new systems and stay current in area of expertise.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.