HR Business Partner
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The HR and Benefits team is a dynamic group that serves Mailchimp’s 900-plus employees, and we’re looking for an HR Business Partner (HRBP) to join the team. The HRBP function was recently created and we are looking for a creative, experienced HR Business Partner who is passionate about the success of their assigned business units. Experience establishing best practices and a drive to blend HR Partner best practice to Mailchimp culture is a plus!
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate the ability to create programs and initiatives that drive Mailchimp’s business strategy through its people. This person will serve as a strategic consultant to management and senior leadership team on people-related issues, concerns & planning. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, organizational design, career ladder definition & development, succession planning, organizational effectiveness, professional development and performance management/discipline.
- Create solid relationships with managers and senior leadership through trust, demonstrated competence and a vested interest in business objectives
- Work closely with department heads on succession planning and professional development
- Guide managers in coaching for performance, effective communication and successful feedback techniques
- Partner with managers to craft performance improvement plans and disciplinary actions
- Identify people trends that impact the business and provide holistic solutions to address via programs, initiatives and/or training
- Drive and be an advocate for MailChimp’s culture of humility, independence and creativity
- Develop and continuously refine career levels and organizational structure, as needed. Ensure all changes are backed by sound logic and business support.
- Partner with senior leadership to create and ensure rewards/recognition behavior that appropriately contributes to MailChimp’s culture and the business
- Partner with other HR, Culture, L&D, and Recruiting teams to continuously refine internal processes and communicate changes to assigned business units
- Provide day-to-day HR support, as needed
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 5+ years HR experience in HR Business Partner role
- You have knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees and business
- You have experience in organizational development and organizational effectiveness preferred
- You have experience partnering with creative teams such as Design, UX Content Strategy and all functions of Marketing preferred but not required as assigned business units may change
- You have demonstrated success at navigating through a fast-paced, high-change environment
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.