Product Analyst Intern Summer 2019
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 5 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week intern program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way!
Start Date: May 20th or June 10th
You’ll be joining the Product Analytics team who is focused on shaping product strategy with data-informed decisions. We help develop, track, and provide insights on project KPIs that feed into our higher level business initiatives. We work with all product disciplines, UX research, design, marketing, and product management to help plan the long-term product roadmap and prioritize projects based on our KPIs.
We’re looking for a candidate that wants to use to statistics and data analytics to understand customer behavior and drive product development. You like tying together analytics insights with qualitative research like customer quotes, UX design, and business initiatives to paint the bigger picture. You’re a team player that can simplify and communicate analytical and statistical concepts to non-technical audiences. And you’re not afraid to suggest new ideas and come up with experiments based on your findings.
What you’ll do:
- Work with a product team to help identify opportunities, assess their potential business impact, and define success metrics, helping your product manager prioritize projects
- Build data dashboards, using Looker and Data Studio, that tell a story about your insights and how it connects to your product domain’s KPIs
- Analyze project outcomes relative to your success metrics and provide actionable recommendations to your product team
- Develop presentations to communicate your findings, results, and impact on projects to your product team
- Deepen your knowledge of analytics tools such as SQL, Google Analytics and Python/R
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Part of S.T.E.M program in school such as Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Research, Information Systems, Engineering or Business
- Some experience working with data using SQL, R, Python, or SAS
- Strong analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to distill, translate, and communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Ability to develop strong collaborative partnerships with business, research, and design stakeholders
- Bonus: Familiar with statistical concepts such as A/B and MV Testing, p-values, sample sizes, and normal distributions
JOB DESCRIPTION GOES HERE
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.