Manager, Product Analytics
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, skilled and hands-on manager who can bring an understanding of analytics and the ability to apply those analytics to solve real customer and business problems. In this role, you’ll be managing and developing a team of product analysts to help them deliver value as a key member of a product domain. You will also be responsible for educating and training other disciplines on data-informed decision-making such as KPI setting, opportunity sizing and prioritization frameworks. As a Manager of Product Analytics, you will be working cross-functionally with other managers in UX Research, Design, and Product Management to ensure productive cross-functional collaboration. The ideal candidate will be able to combine a deep knowledge of analytics with effective storytelling and a passion for coaching and mentoring people.
What you’ll do you here:
- Grow the Product Analytics team both through hiring and coaching, training and mentoring existing team members with the product domains they are supporting
- Communicate opportunities identified by the Product Analytics team to leadership and Domain leadership to drive product vision and domain roadmap
- Assist in defining KPIs and qualitative and quantitative metrics for the domain(s) and coach team of Product Analysts to define these goals within their squads, review with Product Managers and Domain leadership
- Develop research and analysis in support of domain KPIs through partnership with research and by coaching a team of product analysts to be able to deliver analysis in support of Mailchimp’s strategic direction and go-to-market strategy
- Translate data into consumable, actionable narratives around the progress of their domain(s); regularly update the organization
- Partner with Ops and Data Governance teams to create consistent definitions of KPIs and data tracking requirements to be used throughout the company
- Serve as subject matter expert on data-informed decision-making sharing best practices across the organization
- Manage team capacity planning and staffing
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 7 or more years experience in an analytics focused role
- You have previous experience in a product focused role and experience leading cross-functional teams
- You have a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree (business or mathematics)
- You are a strong communicator, collaborator, and problem-solver
- You possess expertise related to A/B testing and experimentation statistics
- You have demonstrated, hands-on experience with data visualization tools
- You've worked extensively with web analytics tools, specifically Google Analytics (certification preferred)
- You have proven experience analyzing data from a variety of different sources (quantitative and qualitative), presenting the data in a clear and concise manner, and making strategic recommendations
- You are proficient in SQL, SAS, Web Analytics
- You are passionate about analytics, using data to inform decision-making and the ability to tell stories using data
- You have the ability to work and communicate with non-technical colleagues to analyze data and solve problems
- You have strong collaboration skills and ability to gain trust and influence others;
- Your verbal and written communication skills are exceptional, with ability to present and communicate data to senior management
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.