Senior Technical Writer
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our Technical Content team within our Customer Support team is made up of writers and content strategists who maintain our public knowledge base. We share a love for learning and a passion for helping our users succeed by simplifying complex concepts or instructions in an easy-to-understand way. We collaborate with many teams across Mailchimp to create exceptional documentation so our users can do their best work.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Writer to join our team. You are a skilled, empathetic technical writer who can research and interpret complex concepts. You are driven to problem solve and care deeply about helping others and providing a great customer experience. Building lasting relationships with your coworkers, you bring a diverse perspective to our fast-paced (and sometimes slightly weird) workplace. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
- Write and maintain documentation for users and/or programmers, developers, and system architects and designers
- Collaborate with project team members on the various copy components that are involved with the project (this may include reviewing in-app copy, helping compose transactional email copy, etc.)
- Test and research Mailchimp’s new app features
- Conduct content audits and help maintain existing Knowledge base content
- Identify user needs using data and feedback
- Strong experience in instructional and/or technical writing
- Strong editorial background a plus
- Experience with content planning, editorial procedures, and evaluation
- Experience prioritizing, starting, and managing projects independently
- Experience working within product teams or domains and bringing up concerns in a group setting as needed
- Comfortable working on new, changing, and fast-paced projects
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.