Facilities Project Manager
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Facilities Department supports all other Mailchimp departments - we strive to efficiently provide the best possible customer service. It manages every aspect of the physical Mailchimp work environment, from employee seating and physical security to space design and complex buildout projects, both in our Atlanta HQ and in our distributed offices. It also administers a number of processes that govern the many ways employees engage with the office space for meetings, presentations, and other events. Our goal is to provide the most productive and inspiring working environment possible where our fellow Mailchimp employees can thrive, succeed, and feel at home.
The Facilities Project Manager will assist the Director of Facilities and work with other team leadership to help keep Facilities and Office Management projects and processes moving forward. They will be responsible to help promote structure for the team’s workflow and coordinate communication and organization with regard to the many projects and processes the team is overseeing. They will interact with team leaders and other stakeholders around the company to facilitate the flow of updates and information, as needed.
We resolve difficult problems and overcome challenges of scale as our organization grows. Our ideal candidate is an excellent communicator who thrives on connecting people, facilitating excellent communication and optimizing process. They must love building relationships and helping people.
What you'll do here:
- Provide day-to-day assistance and project management for Facilities and Office Management projects and initiatives that impact the company
- Coordinate with Project Owners and/or Sponsors to determine project requirements, workflow, and definition of success criteria
- Coordinate with stakeholders and Facilities leadership/team to help prioritize work based on impact on current strategic objectives
- Proactively communicate timely updates of project status, milestones, risks, and roadblocks to Facilities leadership and project stakeholders
- Communicate with project stakeholders and 3rd party vendors to collect requirements, help allocate resources, and coordinate efforts to achieve project goals
- Facilitate problem solving and escalations to minimize risk and help the team deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Facilitate and communicate schedule or scope changes to plans as they arise ensuring surprise elements are eliminated
- Coordinate as needed with supporting cross departments
- Assist with the evaluation and/or development of processes and the corresponding documentation to promote efficient workflows
- Work closely with Facilities leadership and stakeholders to keep backlog refinement efforts prioritized
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills that are effective with both technical and non-technical audiences
- You have experience in an agile Project Management/Program Management/Traffic Management capacity in an environment, ideally in one related to commercial space planning, property management, tenant space construction, or related activities
- You’re flexible, and have the ability to change priorities quickly and lead others through those changes
- You have strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, presentation, facilitation and follow-through skills
- You have a demonstrated proficiency with project management techniques and technological tools
- You are highly proficient with business software (Office Suite, G-Suite, etc.)
- You are able to help team members at various levels turn their ideas into project plans
- You are able to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships
- You have the ability to educate, communicate, and present to team members at various levels within Mailchimp
- You’re able to coordinate cross functional work teams towards task completion
Bonus points if:
- You have Project Management (PMP) and/or Agile Certifications (ACP)
- You have experience delivering complex and/or large facility projects on time and on budget
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.