Group Product Manager- Infrastructure
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
As Group Product Manager you will guide a team of Technical Product Managers on developing the strategy, experience design and development of engineering tools, application patterns, product platforms, and internal-facing APIs. You should know how SaaS technology and digital products are accelerating and disrupting the market. You should be able to apply that knowledge to ensure that products are designed and built to high standards, are extensible and successfully scale. To be successful in this position you must possess a combination of technical and product management expertise, providing a team with thought leadership and direction to drive experience and technology goals.
What you’ll do here:
- You will lead a team of associate and mid-level Product Managers on delivering requirements, supervising the team’s delivery and execution throughout the product delivery lifecycle
- Create and foster career development goals for team in alignment with company, product and personal growth objectives
- You will be a point of escalation and prioritization for team, assessing implications of changes to project scope, timeline, or resources and mitigating or pivoting accordingly
- Mentor Product Managers on the tenets of product management and data analysis
- Apply product management, industry, and market expertise to brainstorm and create a strategy and roadmap for sunsetting depreciated technology and introducing new frameworks
- Define key qualitative and quantitative metrics for product portfolio and review with Product Managers
- Own the Infrastructure product portfolio; lead with Product Managers within the portfolio to regularly groom backlogs; make product roadmap tradeoffs.
- Partner with Design, Content and Engineering partners to develop and improve utilization of internal documentation (API, Design Interface Guidelines, etc.)
- Evangelize the importance of Design and Engineering patterns along with Engineering and Design peers
- Partner with Research to analyze competitive set aligned to portfolio; develop deep knowledge of customer needs along with an understanding of the digital marketing landscape for small businesses
- Partner with Design and Engineering to build out internal resources to identify and define design patterns across all devices
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have advanced experience managing technical products in an Agile environment; ability to operate at strategic and day-to-day level
- You are a strong communicator; have excellent presentation skills; adept at making complex information approachable; comfortable interfacing with all levels of an organization, including senior leadership
- Significant management experience leading Product Management or Business Analyst teams
- Prior development, black/white box testing or operational engineering support experience desired
- Significant SaaS platform or digital/e-commerce experience is a plus
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Oakland and are happy to have a small but growing office right downtown, especially convenient to the BART
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.