Group Product Manager - Growth
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
As Group Product Manager leading Mailchimp’s Growth Product Domain, you will be responsible for setting the Growth strategy and helping the team execute on it in partnership with other Growth Domain discipline leaders. This includes setting direction, removing obstacles and barriers, assessing business impact, as well as developing and coaching a team of Product Managers who are mapped to specific parts of the customer journey. You will provide thought leadership on Growth and strategic direction that drives towards our company goals and strategy and does so in collaboration with product management, engineering, design, research, analytics and marketing.
This role is empowered to have significant impact over how our users experience the core value of our product and how we monetize that value to drive paid user and revenue growth.
This full-time opportunity is based in either Atlanta, GA or Brooklyn, NY.
What you'll do here:
- Define Mailchimp’s Growth strategy for Activation, Conversion and Retention, driving cross-functional alignment and progress in partnership with other Domain leadership
- Develop Domain level roadmap, championing vision and strategy with executive leadership and key stakeholders in Marketing, Design and Engineering
- Grow and support a talented team of Growth Product Managers to create high-impact, high-quality experiences that help users experience the value of Mailchimp and drive paid user growth
- Lead the cross-functional Growth Domain in high-level prioritization, negotiating tradeoffs, and collaboration across other product domains
- Champion the needs of Mailchimp users by understanding their jobs-to-be-done, challenges and behavior by leveraging data and research and helping the team translate these insights into their experimentation efforts
- Evangelize and share the work and learnings of the Growth team to help encourage a culture of Experimentation throughout the organization
- Serve as a point of escalation for the team, helping to remove barriers and roadblocks and navigate difficult or complex decisions
- Partner with Growth Analytics leadership to regularly monitor and review KPI performance at the Domain and squad level to identify opportunities to maximize performance or course correct
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience
- 7+ years of experience in software development/Growth/Growth Marketing/Experimentation or related fields
- Proven track record leading, managing, coaching and developing a team
- Experience working in SCRUM/Agile/Lean/Growth frameworks
- Deep understanding of customer needs, and strong motivation to tackle their problems
- Proven ability to define long-term business strategy, and drive impact on short-term goals by using an experimental or growth approach to validate business strategy
- Strong skills around cross-functional collaboration, influence, and communication; ability to achieve clarity and drive focus in complex and dynamic contexts
- Effective communication skills (both verbally and written) with multiple groups, including C-level executives
- Leads by example; excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on relationship development and mentorship
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and effectiveness working closely with engineers
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Brooklyn and are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight and views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade and within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F and R lines).
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.