Senior Product Marketing Manager - Developer Marketing
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager that will focus on Developers in our Mobile & Web Apps Vertical. You will be responsible for driving the success of Mailchimp’s All-In-One Marketing Platform for growing businesses with Developers in the Mobile & Web Apps vertical, including: influencing roadmaps, creating GTM strategies, executing integrated marketing plans and working closely with the Dev Evangelists to create a holistic experience. You should have a deep understanding of software developer needs and challenges, as well as their role in the decision-making and execution of marketing for their applications. You will be looked to as the expert on Mailchimp customers and prospects who are Developers, as well as an expert on the Mailchimp Marketing Platform, the overall martech and Mobile & Apps market, and the competition globally.
What you’ll do here:
- Be the Mobile & Web Apps Developer expert on our customers, the market, the martech needs, and the competition across all the regions Mailchimp does business in
- Deliver the business results for acquisition, growth, and retention of Mobile & App Developers
- Define segmentation, use cases/scenarios, buyer personas and value proposition and use that to build positioning, targeting, pricing and messaging specific to SMB Developers
- Understand customer pain points, and define clear and compelling value propositions, competitive differentiation and customer success stories to address them
- Create strategies for new product launches and go-to-market recommendations
- Create Developer-specific offers and messages that are compelling, relevant and differentiated
- Partner with the Content Team to support all of the above including webinars, educational tips & tricks, in-app messaging, guides, product videos, customer success stories, blog posts, ebooks, infographics, and more
- Partner with the Integrated Marketing team to define and execute demand generation plans
- Partner with Dev Evangelist team to create integrated experiences
- Work with the product management team to uncover new markets and use cases, define new offers and influence roadmap decisions
- Validate hypotheses through customer insights, data analysis, and testing
- Monitor competitive activities, identifying gaps and opportunities
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 5+ years work experience creating and executing marketing campaigns targeted at Developers with an emphasis on start-up/small business Developers
- Demonstrated leadership in the launch of products designed for Software App Developers
- You are a creative storyteller, marketer and have proven experience establishing a unique voice
- You have a deep understanding of Software App Developers, their technical and business needs, and have the ability to articulate the value of utilizing Mailchimp’s platform to connect and market their apps
- Experience in partnering with cross functional teams (design, product management, research, etc)
- Familiarity in coordinating and planning developer events and conferences
- Comfort in public speaking to both internal, external and executive audiences
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.