Software Engineer, Systems
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Systems Fabrication team develops automations and reduces toil for Mailchimp’s Operations organization. We design and drive enhancements for applications used to track assets, handle incident response, and provision hardware. We also manage the configuration management infrastructure. We automate repetitive tasks using a variety of languages and tools. Our goal is to help Operations Engineers work faster and more efficiently with fewer errors.
We are looking for a self-directed, experienced programmer who is adept at implementing features in mature codebases and crafting new tools. You enjoy putting your head down and writing code but also value working with teammates to design and develop healthy applications. You possess a strong point of view and demonstrate good programming habits. You are well-versed in using proven technologies to solve complex problems, yet you know that favoring older technologies doesn't imply letting your skillset stagnate. You've broken production environments—and then buckled down and fixed them. You're comfortable using git in a continuous integration environment, and you're not afraid to dig into configuration management tools like Puppet or Chef. You have a working knowledge of systems engineering and administration of Red Hat derivative operating systems.
What you'll do:
- Provide tools, APIs, and automations that reduce toil and make work easier using Python, Golang and Django
- Empower team members through technical mentoring and sharing expertise through code reviews, office hours, tech talks, and other avenues
- Define and adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices
- Work with other team members to build features from concept through implementation
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have extensive experience with Python, Golang, Django, PHP, Puppet, or Kubernetes
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of others
- Are passionate about building great tools and automations
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.