Business Data Analyst, Finance
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools
We are seeking a business data analyst that can support strategic decision making processes through the use of analytics, a heavy data-driven approach, and operational mindset. You should possess superior analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information. You’ll leverage data-driven insights about customer behavior to influence strategy and decision-making. Additionally, you’ll work closely with Corporate Development on M&A, research and market intelligence for potential target companies.
What you'll do here.....
- Leverage large, complex data sets to identify, quantify and influence key business metrics
- Create insightful automated dashboards and data visualizations to track key metrics and trends
- Create and deliver actionable insights that influence value-added business decisions in the areas of strategy, business planning, KPI development, new and existing initiatives for analysis, and optimization
- Assist with financial transactions by evaluating advanced financial models, performing market opportunity assessments and forecasts, identifying and tracking deal KPIs and ROI
- Identify strategic opportunities for investment and focus through competitive research and participation in market events
- Develop financial models and valuation analysis for potential new products and acquisition opportunities, integrating financial targets with usage metrics to create benchmarks for success
We'd love to hear from you if....
- BA/BS in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, or other quantitative field
- 2-4 years experience in a quantitative business role
- Experience with MS Excel, SQL and data analysis software such as: R, Python, SAS
- Experience working with Google BigQuery a plus
- Strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities
- Proficiency in wrangling and transforming data
- Proven experience analyzing data from a variety of different sources (quantitative and qualitative), presenting the data in a clear and concise manner, and creating actionable insights
- You have the ability to work and communicate with non-technical colleagues to analyze data and solve problems
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.