Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp’s Operations team is responsible for infrastructure that makes that possible. Team members work closely with our Development, Marketing, and Data Research teams to provide the infrastructure needed to move the company and our products forward. We take a pragmatic and practical approach to our stacks. We are growing fast and need people who can help advance our infrastructure to take care of the needs of today and tomorrow.
We are seeking an individual to be part of the Storage Engineering / Data Center Operations team with a focus on maintaining, growing, and improving our storage infrastructure and instrumentation. You will have experience working in a dynamic environment where you are responsible for petabytes of data. You should enjoy the challenge of troubleshooting production issues as well as looking out at the horizon and planning the future of our infrastructure. You are not afraid to programmatically tackle problems or to make pragmatic decisions when implementing new technologies.
What you'll do:
- Guarantee reliable and accessible availability of the company’s data.
- Participate in large-scale storage and data management projects.
- Participate in hardware platform engineering with other teams.
- Consult on individual server-level filesystem and storage systems, including emerging technologies.
- Participate in 1-2 days of on-premises work at our Seattle data center handling various hardware requests and maintenance.
- Help coordinate maintenance, upgrades, and on call schedules.
- Represent storage engineering team in project and product planning to ensure a successful, well-communicated, high quality result.
- Participate in defining technical solutions, architecture improvements, technical reviews, and code reviews.
- Audit and improve existing processes and ensure they’re at a high level of quality and reliability through iteration.
- Participate in presenting team accomplishments internally and externally (showcases, blog posts, public speaking).
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Extensive experience administering large sets of data.
- Understanding of Linux filesystem technologies (Knowledge of ZFS a plus).
- Experience writing APIs, tools, and scripts using languages such as Python, PHP, Golang, and Bash.
- Experience with Puppet or some other config management (Salt, Ansible, Chef, etc.)
- A working comprehension of Linux administration.
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS / Google Cloud).
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Ceph (or other distributed storage platforms).
- Experience with Python and Bash Shell.
- Familiarity with other pieces of our technical stack (nginx, haproxy, etc).
- Experience with colo data centers (design, server / network maintenances, capacity planning).
- Virtualization experience (VMWare / KVM / Xen).
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.