Director, Workforce Management & Software Operations
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Support Operations team plays a critical role at Mailchimp, ensuring the Support department runs smoothly and is connected to other areas of the company, especially Product and Marketing. This team consists of the following areas: workforce management, support systems, and project management.
You will have the opportunity to build upon the solutions and analytics that fuel our award-winning customer support teams. You will play a key role in developing the processes and tools to optimize our capacity planning for our Support team of over 200 agents. You are a strong, flexible communicator, an analytical thinker and a goal-oriented leader. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Highlights of the role include:
- Ensuring our Tech Support leadership teams have the information and insights necessary to staff their teams appropriately, based on forecasted and real time volumes
- Adeptly managing customer inbound volume, ensuring our department can quickly identify and adjust to changing volume from existing channels
- Making decisions in a fast-paced, real-time environment to ensure that changes to agent break and lunch schedules are accurate and put Mailchimp in the best position to service our customers
- Clearly and effectively building processes and expectations, communicating these decisions to all relevant stakeholders
- Building and maintaining a team culture of strong engagement, customer focus, and intellectual curiosity
- Developing comprehensive reporting illustrating staffing and adherence effectiveness and opportunities at individual, team, and department levels
- Taking responsibility for the strategic direction of Customer Support SLA reporting, including the overall operational performance statistics on an interval, daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Continually researching and experimenting with new processes, reporting, and applications to ensure Mailchimp stays 2 steps ahead in the realm of Customer Support processes and technology
- Managing relationships with our software partners and communicating the needs of our business to help us provide world class insights and analytics to our Tech Support teams
- Managing the support of customer operations tools, specifically Zendesk, through:
- Implementation (new features, apps)
- Ongoing maintenance (system configuration, user provisioning)
- Troubleshooting issues
We’d love to hear from you if you have the following:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience
- Proven track record of using capacity modeling, workforce management tools and operational planning methods to improve business operations
- Strong proficiency providing clear and concise direction in a rapidly changing environment
- Expertise making business recommendations supported with data and context
- Specific examples of improving the prioritization and assignment of tickets to our Support teams, with an obsessive focus on the customer experience
- Demonstrated proficiency understanding the technology solutions of world class contact centers that impact staffing levels
- Proven track record developing and maintaining effective working relationships with stakeholders across the organization
- Proficiency managing relationships with software vendors
- Minimum 8-10+ years’ experience in service center operations
- Minimum 8-10+ years’ experience with Workforce Management process and tools experience
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.