Office Operations Lead
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Office Management team is the oil that keeps the Mailchimp engine running, and in many ways, the glue that binds it together. We exist to provide the best customer service possible to our coworkers, and we care for the office and our peers like family members. Our job is to maintain a work environment that helps keep those working on Mailchimp’s core business focused on the success of the company. We try to remove every possible workday distraction and provide everyone with lots of good caffeine, snacks, medicine, fun, and support. As a customer service team, we strive for continuous improvement as we find ways to inject Mailchimp’s Core Values of Humility, Creativity, and Independence into our daily tasks.
We’re looking for someone who is an enthusiastic people person with a knack for organization and problem-solving. Reporting to the Director of Facilities, this position is an opportunity to make a big difference for our Oakland office team and help create an environment in which they can perform their work as efficiently and effectively as possible. You are able to focus and prioritize multiple tasks at once, take initiative on projects, and stay aware of what's going on around you in the office. You should thrive on the challenge of coordinating, whether it’s people, vendors, or office materials. As our representative in a smaller distributed office, our Office Operations Lead will serve as our air-traffic controller, oftentimes pitching in for other internal teams from the Atlanta HQ to triage and execute solutions on their behalf. As a member of a fairly small team, every person makes a big impact on the team dynamics, so it’s important for each individual to be an empathetic, kind, and positive team player. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
- Serve as a central point of contact for all administrative, facilities, and other internal operational functions for the office
- Handle visitor reception responsibilities as needed
- Monitor and restock snacks and related amenities around the office
- Order and restock office supplies
- Manage catering requests for office-wide/ occasional team lunches
- Handle shipping & receiving mail/packages
- Receive, report, and communicate updates for any maintenance or other service-related requests
- Receive vendors
- Organize and set up catered events (like creative snack days) for the entire office
- On rare occasions, handle any after hours events (this involves catering, setup, etc..)
- Answer tickets through our ticketing system in an efficient and service oriented way
- Remotely assist certain Atlanta-based, internal teams (IT, Facilities, etc) with small tasks, deliveries, or troubleshooting
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 2+ years of office management experience or
- You have 2+ years of customer-facing service environment experience
- You have experience working with office vendors and caterers
- You have experience with shipping and receiving procedures/tools
- You’re a creative problem solver, a self-starter, with a positive and collaborative approach.
- You are an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal and consultative skills
- You love being the one people come to when they need help
- You have demonstrated success at navigating through a fast-paced, high-change environment
- You work with a high level of humility and emotional intelligence, interfacing across the company, with a willingness to learn from colleagues at all levels
- You have the ability to translate strategic thinking and operational excellence into tangible actions and results
- You have the ability to organize complex information and convey it in a clear and succinct way
- You are proficient with word processing and spreadsheets as well as Google Calendars
- You can lift 40 pounds
- Extra points if you’re the person your parents call when they have an IT problem
- Extra points if you have experience working from a ticketing system (specifically Zendesk)
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. We love Oakland and are happy to have a small but growing office right downtown, especially convenient to the BART.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.