Senior Manager, Product Marketing Programs
Mailchimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use Mailchimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
We are seeking a data-driven, strategic Senior Product Marketing Manager who will be responsible for driving growth strategies across integrated marketing functions from advertising to website to the Mailchimp app. This will include developing a deep understanding of the customer journey for Mailchimp customers and prospects, as well as a deep understanding of products and technology, the overall market, key vertical markets and segments, and the competition.
This role will drive the strategy for positioning Mailchimp’s products in the marketplace to drive conversion. This role will help to define competitive positioning through a product marketing lens, and both develop and execute messaging, marketing mix and merchandising strategies. You will work closely with all other marketing functions and product management to accurately position Mailchimp solutions in the marketplace and define go-to-market strategies that will accelerate growth globally.
What you’ll do:
- Build a deep understanding of our customers, the market, vertical markets and the competition across all the regions in which Mailchimp does business
- Monitor competitive activities, identifying gaps and opportunities
- Create and execute activation and conversion strategies through programs development with external partners
- Define and optimize the customer purchase journey
- Work with the product management team to uncover new markets and use cases, define new offers and influence roadmap decisions
- Define segmentation, use cases/scenarios, and buyer personas
- Build positioning, targeting, pricing, and messaging for relevant segments and audiences
- Define clear and compelling customer pain points, value propositions, competitive differentiation, and customer success stories
- Create new product introduction strategies and go-to-market plans
- Partner with the Content Team to support all of the above including webinars, educational tips & tricks, in-app messaging, guides, product videos, customer success stories, blog posts, ebooks, infographics, and more
- Validate hypotheses through customer insights, data analysis, and testing
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have extensive experience in B2SMB or B2C product marketing in the Martech, SaaS, cloud or mobile technology industries
- Proven ability to create go-to-market positioning and strategies and to create and position unique solutions for different customers
- Proven track record of shaping product roadmaps and user experiences through deep consumer understanding, actionable insights and sound recommendations
- Proven experience creating compelling messaging for different segments and personas
- Proven experience in merchandising across channels
- Background in operational excellence (Six Sigma, Lean Process)
- Ability to craft compelling stories, collateral, and tools around technology products and services for both business and technical buyers
- Experienced marketer that understands how to use the full marketing toolkit
- Technically savvy and intellectually curious about new technologies and how they work to enable new customer solutions
- Avid learner who has experience learning new markets and industries and devising solutions and marketing strategies to reach those markets
- Strong teaming skills and experience to bring together diverse views
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
- Strong creative, problem solving, and strategic thinking abilities
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work to drive results on-time and with high quality
- Exceptional critical thinking, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Experience leading and managing teams
Mailchimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.