Executive Creative Director, Brand Studio Design
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are looking for a hands-on Executive Creative Director (ECD) with strong people management and brand development skills to join the Brand Design team. We're looking for a visionary creative with demonstrated experience creating sophisticated brand language that will positively impact key brand health metrics and garner attention.
As the ECD over brand design you will oversee creative output and team management of a talented group of creatives including designers, photographers, videographers, animators working on high visibility projects related to Mailchimp’s brand while cultivating an environment of sustained creativity and professional growth. You will partner with internal teams on creative brand direction of Mailchimp. You will also be expected to play an active, hands-on role in key projects.
What You'll Do Here:
- Be the creative leader for Mailchimp’s brand design team
- Ensure that creative work aligns with Mailchimp’s overall brand strategy across all mediums (product, brand marketing, product marketing)
- Oversee and develop brand creative (creative strategy, key art, photography, motion graphics, custom illustration library, icons, custom fonts and any other program brand component systems)
- Collaborate with leadership across product, marketing and brand teams to build strong partnerships and trust
- Empathetically and enthusiastically guide the team in the overall direction, style, and methodology behind the work
- Be a natural storyteller who understands best-in-class creative (design and copy) and inspires it through the work they do
- Lead a team of experienced creative directors, designer managers, motion designers, photographers and videographers
- Push the quality of the work and craft forward constantly
- Provide the positive mentorship and guidance of others
- Help develop the culture and mindset of the team to ensure they are healthy, happy, inventive, curious, and open
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 15+ years of professional experience in brand/marketing creative both in house and agency
- You have recent experience launching creative campaigns or original content programs
- You have proven experience managing, training and mentoring design teams
- You have experience in collaborating with cross functional partners and leaders
- You have strong knowledge of creative process and project management
- You have ability to negotiate and coordinate across multiple groups and disciplines
- You can provide an online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating creative campaigns and marketing work with your role clearly defined and called out
- You are an inspiring and skilled communicator and presenter with ability to gracefully defend your design decisions to executive leadership
- You have a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Design, Advertising, or related fields preferred
- You have a passion for creativity and expression
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.