Marketing Accounting Analyst
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
This position will play a key role in developing relationships with outside vendors as well as departments throughout the company. Our ideal candidate has accounting experience at a digital marketing or marketing agency and excellent time-management skills. Details and organization should be your passion!
What you’ll do:
- Review all marketing invoices for appropriate documentation and approval
- Work with FP&A and each Marketing team to ensure their invoices are properly coded
- Assist in month-end closing
- Assist in year-end GL maintenance (e.g. 1099s, annual audit prep, etc)
- Thoroughly and accurately maintain files and documentation in accordance with company policy and generally accepted accounting practices
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a degree in Accounting
- You have 2-3 years of experience in an Accounting role at a digital marketing or marketing agency
- You have experience in accounts payable
- You are self-motivated with good planning and highly effective organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
- You manage and prioritize workloads both in a team environment and independently
- You are able to multitask, work under pressure, and meet required deadlines
- You thrive in a fast-pace setting and have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- You have strong experience with Microsoft Excel
- You have experience with an ERP system and importing data
- You likely have experience with Google suite
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.