Senior Director of Marketing Design
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp CX & Design is a multi-disciplinary department comprised of brand design, marketing design, product design, design operations, and customer experience design. We work cross functionally with just about every team from marketing to product to culture to deliver a unified customer experience and bring the Mailchimp brand to life.
Our design team is looking for a passionate and influential leader to join our team as the Senior Director of Marketing Design, focused on partnering and collaborating with our marketing teams internally. The ideal person is a team promoter, mentor, people manager and advocate of design culture. You have a strong creative design background and experience developing product marketing campaigns, supporting go to marketing strategies and working with internal and external creative teams on marketing campaigns.
What you’ll do here:
- Lead the internal and external marketing design teams
- Partner with cross functional directors to prioritize and schedule marketing projects
- Provide career guidance and mentorship to a growing team of designers and managers
- Staff, communicate and deliver marketing design projects
- Elevate the creative work with hands-on guidance
- Help recruit exceptional individual contributors and cultivate future design leaders
- Enlist external contractors, freelancers and agencies to assist with projects
- Exemplify user-centric design culture, values, and principles
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have extensive experience leading design teams, preferably in a SaaS environment
- You possess knowledge and experience around Scrum/Agile design and development process
- You have ample experience as a hands on designer with a strong design aesthetic
- You are a strong collaborator and relationship builder
- Your experience in design includes working with Marketing teams as your primary stakeholder
- BA/BS degree in design, design and research, human-computer interaction, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.