VP of Design, Marketing
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp CX & Design is a multi-disciplinary department comprised of brand design, marketing design, product design, design operations, and customer experience design. We work cross functionally with just about every team from marketing to product to culture to deliver a unified customer experience and bring the Mailchimp brand to life.
We are looking for a VP of Design that will lead our marketing design teams. You should have extensive experience in experiential work and marketing activations. You will own all aspects of creative and creative operations including developing and managing creative strategies, professional development of the team, building and maintaining budgets, as well as maintaining relationships with cross functional stakeholders in product marketing, integrated marketing, partnerships and brand marketing.
You will mentor and inspire our marketing design team, encouraging a collaborative work environment, and challenging them to push Mailchimp’s design to the next level. You will work closely with other design leaders and together will be accountable for maintaining and evolving the quality of our design work. You will exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate actions and development of your team. You should be skilled in creative strategy and productive brainstorming, creating inspiring ideas, pitches, experience in collaborating with mature marketing organizations and a great history of leading teams.
What you’ll do here:
- Lead a growing team of designers, design directors, and creative directors for marketing design
- Set the bar for creative excellence from crafting the creative strategy (short and long term) to delivery of creative solutions thats on brand
- Lead creative development of integrated campaigns across various channels
- Provide creative leadership and oversight across various mediums including video, web, mobile, email, social, and print.
- Partner and collaborate with marketing to merge creative ideas and strategic thinking to help grow the business
- Provide guidance for the creative process managing both quality and velocity through cross functional teams
- Advocate for brand standards and brand harmony across touchpoints
- Passionate about our customers needs/insights driving the creative outcomes (strategically and tactically)
- Successfully manage team health from recruitment to retention of talent
- Partner with design leadership to build and maintain marketing design budgets
- Partner and liaison with external agencies/contractors supporting strategy and creative output
- Exemplify user-centric design culture, values, and principles
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have extensive experience leading design teams, preferably in a SaaS environment
- You are approachable, collaborative, results-oriented, problem-solver who can lead and inspire with vision/direction, evaluating best practices and offering effective strategies and creative oversight
- You have a strategic and creative mindset around marketing and brand design
- You have extensive experience in partnering and collaborating with internal cross functional marketing organizations
- You possess knowledge and experience around Scrum/Agile design and development process
- You are a leader in the design community with a strong design aesthetic
- You are a strong collaborator and relationship builder
- Your experience in design includes working with Marketing teams as your primary stakeholder
- BA/BS degree in design, design and research, human-computer interaction, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.