Executive Assistant, Marketing
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our Executive Assistant – VPs of Marketing provides Executive level administrative support to the two VPs of Marketing and any additional Executives within the department in the future. The ideal candidate should be organized, detail-oriented, flexible, creative, committed, and passionate about his/her work as an administrative & business support to senior level leadership.
You should be a team player with a positive attitude and a professional disposition. Confidentiality and discretion are key for this role and must be taken seriously. Due to the visibility of the position, you will need to work well with all levels at Mailchimp and external partners.
What you’ll do here:
- Assist VPs daily and gatekeep: schedule meetings, learn the business of the VPs in order to prioritize business needs appropriately, organize & track projects - provide administrative support to Mailchimp’s leadership within the marketing team, ensuring leaders are prepared for all meetings and logistics are arranged ahead of time to optimize work/life balance
- Heavy calendar management; be flexible to accommodate last minute changes and additions while ensuring the day-to-day needs of business are met
- Perform administrative duties and functions requiring confidentiality and discretion, initiative, and sound decision-making
- Plan and execute all associated logistics around meetings (presentation writing / coordination, agendas, copies, room set up, catering), initiate and coordinate departmental and off-site meetings, conferences, etc
- Coordinate heavy domestic and international travel arrangements, create detailed itineraries for the Executives and process expense reports in a timely fashion
- Presentation creation and editing via google slides and/or powerpoint, keynote
- Maintain confidentiality of all appropriate communications and documentation
- Collaboration & close work with department staff and all Executive Assistants as needed
- Personal tasks and personal calendar management as needed
- Maintain close relationships with the teams who report to the Executives, be the Execs eyes and ears on the ground, alert the executives of important cultural issues within team
- Be proactive vs reactive, anticipating the needs of Executives before being asked as much as possible
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 4 or more years relevant experience in a VP-level, executive support role at the highest corporate level. Prior Senior Leadership Team member support is required. Experience within the Tech or Marketing space preferred.
- You prioritize tasks and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- You have strong problem solving and quick thinking skills.
- You independently explore and learn about the company, the role and how to get things done in a complex environment.
- You are a strong team player, collaborate well with other executive assistants and are willing to chip in and help in other areas.
- You have experience and skill creating and organizing presentations and reporting for executive audience.
- You have excellent organizational and planning skills with attention to detail.
- You have strong organizational and time management skills to stay on top of time sensitive projects and urgent requests, requiring a high level of flexibility and ability to execute quickly.
- You think ahead, minimizing potential problems.
- You are proactive in identifying areas to improve.
- You have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- You communicate openly and directly. Adjust communication to level of audience. Respond professionally.
- You have the ability to handle highly confidential material.
- You have the ability to work efficiently and handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently, in a fast-paced environment.
- You have Proficient Mac or PC skills to include Google suite.
- You take initiative to learn new systems and stay current in area of expertise.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.