Public Affairs Associate
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp's Corporate Affairs team connects our 1,000+ employees with the community around us. Our team manages Mailchimp’s public policy and sustainability efforts. Our department invests more than $2 million each year in Atlanta nonprofits focusing on three primary areas: access to artistic excellence, considerate urbanism, and helping stop cycles of intergenerational poverty. We develop partnerships like Mailchimp Community College, Launchpad, and Read This Summer.
We’re looking for a Public Affairs Associate to join our team to help grow our public policy and sustainability practices. Our ideal candidate is a community-minded, brand-conscious individual with experience in sustainability, public engagement, or corporate citizenship.
- Refine, implement, and manage Mailchimp’s public engagement strategy
- Manage and report on our sustainability work
- Represent relationships with partner organizations
- Collaborate across teams to create and implement programs that connect employees with community partners
- Develop digital reporting approaches that promote positive community outcomes and build brand affinity
- 3 or more years of experience in issue advocacy, nonprofit leadership, public engagement, or corporate citizenship
- Experience in managing budgets
- Project management experience
- Excellent public speaking and written communication skills
- A curious and flexible perspective
- Demonstrated ability to work toward shared goals during period of ambiguity and organizational development
- Commitment to Mailchimp's core values of humility, creativity, and independence
- Experience advocating for a candidate, cause, or issue
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support considerate urbanism. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.