Social Communications Associate
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Communications and Corporate Affairs department at Mailchimp works across departments to develop and share messages for both internal and external audiences. This role will focus on strategic social and executive communications, both internally and externally.
We’re looking for a Social Communications Associate to support the Corporate Communications and Corporate Affairs department and work in close collaboration with key executives and across Support and Marketing departments, focusing specifically on helping set strategy for Mailchimp’s social support as well as executives’ social presence.
The ideal candidate will have experience supporting and leading a variety of social media initiatives, including corporate communications, brand and product marketing, customer support guidance, and issue response. The role requires strong writing, communication, and project management skills, the ability to work cross-functionally and with executives, flexibility, and a willingness to learn.
What you'll do:
- Set and execute strategy for Mailchimp’s social support to increase brand love and minimize issues
- Develop KPIs, goals, and track execution to those goals
- Promote alignment with Mailchimp’s voice and tone principles in social interactions
- Advise on social replies, including crafting, editing, and approving copy
- Assist in crafting and implementing social media strategy and responses for events like outages or service interruptions and company events
- Set and execute a social media strategy to support corporate and executive communications goals and priorities
- Stay up to date on company and product news to develop and maintain an editorial calendar for executive social media posts
- Work with Marketing team to advise on and develop social media posts to share positive news stories, awards and other recognitions, through Mailchimp’s corporate social channels
- Draft, edit, and publish social media posts for members of Mailchimp’s executive team
- Advise members of Mailchimp’s executive team on social media presence and profiles to support thought leadership opportunities
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience setting social media strategy and writing social media copy, for high profile accounts or individuals preferred
- Some experience with crisis communications preferred
- Attention to detail, familiar with different style guides, adaptable
- Highly organized and detail-oriented – able to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high-quality deliverables
- Comfortable working closely with executives of all levels
- Experience with social media management platforms a plus - Twitter, Facebook, but also Hootsuite, Sysomos, or other similar tools
- Understanding of Mailchimp’s platform, customers, and business story
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.