Datacenter Operations Technician
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp’s Data Center Operations team is responsible for infrastructure that makes that possible. Team members work closely with our Engineering, Marketing, and Data Research teams to provide the infrastructure needed to move the company and our products forward. We take a pragmatic and practical approach to our stacks; we use proven components and build our own logic and complexity on top of well understood building blocks. We are growing fast and are looking for those who can help advance our infrastructure to deal with the needs of today and tomorrow.
We are seeking an individual to be a part of the Data Center Operations team with a focus on providing skilled assistance with daily data center tasks.
What you'll do:
- Identify, diagnose and repair hardware failures on a variety of computer and networking equipment.
- Install and configure new equipment for data centers.
- Work with other engineers to troubleshoot and fix issues.
- Ensure data center inventory of equipment is adequately documented and stocked. Work with accounting to track all data center assets.
- Interface with engineers to stay on top of all maintenance and security concerns.
- Help test and troubleshoot new server hardware components and designs.
- Participate in on call schedule for super urgent hardware issues.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- Previous experience working in a data center or network operations center.
- Experience with troubleshooting and identifying various PC and server issues.
- Experience with networking protocols.
- Experience navigating and troubleshooting operating systems.
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds safely and approach all installations safely and efficiently.
Bonus points for:
- General Linux knowledge is a plus.
- General Cisco knowledge is a plus.
- Scripting and coding (Python, Bash, Go) is a plus.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.