Support Product Analyst Intern Fall 2019
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 6 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week internship program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way!
Start Date: August 26, 2019
Our Fall internship program has some flexibility in regards to school schedules; interns are expected to be here for the full of week of onboarding, August 26, 2019 - August 30, 2019. For students seeking a part-time schedule, the work schedule is set for full days on MWF.
Mailchimp’s team of Support Product Analysts helps solve problems quickly and efficiently for our customers and our developers. We are embedded into distinct cross functional product teams, and serve as the voice of our customers using customer data to drive product strategy and ensure a positive user experience. We provide product & the rest of the organization with analytics to bring insights on customer satisfaction with each piece of the product, understand trends, optimize ROI, minimize user attrition, and strategize next steps. We also work with the support teams to provide them with key information about upcoming releases and manage the release cycle to ensure the support organization has the information and tools they need to provide the customer with an optimal experience.
We are looking for a candidate who is curious and interested in analytics and is looking to challenge themselves by working in a heavily cross-functional, fast-paced environment. You should be a highly organized and creative problem solver with excellent verbal and written communication skills who’s able to juggle a number of tasks at once. You should also have a solid working knowledge of the Mailchimp application.You will ideally have experience in project management guiding teams to achieve their goals on schedule (think about some of the class projects you took the lead on). In addition, the candidate must have strong reasoning skills, great verbal/written communication skills and strong willingness to learn and create. Hands-on experience managing big data from multiple entry points is also a plus.
What you’ll do:
- Work collaboratively across teams throughout the company to conduct analysis and create new frameworks to analyze existing and upcoming product efforts
- Identify trends, glean insights, and acquire feedback on product performance and customer satisfaction across the application
- Assist with the creation and presentation of reports on product performance, including recommendations for how to focus our efforts moving forward
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Strong working knowledge of Mailchimp’s products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to stay focused on the overall problem or goal vs. a particular solution
- General understanding of troubleshooting technical systems
- Demonstrated effective communication across cross-functional teams
- Experience with project management software
- Formal education in research methodologies is a bonus
- Comfortable with presenting to small teams is a plus
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional people skills
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.