Technical Content Producer Intern Fall 2019
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 6 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week intern program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way!
Start Date: August 26, 2019
Our Fall internship program has some flexibility in regards to school schedules; interns are expected to be here for the full of week of onboarding, August 26, 2019 - August 30, 2019. For students seeking a part-time schedule, the work schedule is set for full days on MWF.
Technical Content is looking for a Technical Content Producer Intern (Instructional Design Intern) to join our team. The Technical Content team manages the Mailchimp Knowledge Base, creating help documents that empower users to better use our application. The team consists of producers (designers), writers, and content strategists who collaborate together to maintain up to date content within our KB.
An ideal candidate is a skilled, empathetic, and creative person who can research and simply explain complex concepts using a variety of visual media. You are driven to problem solve and care deeply about helping others. We value creative, self-driven individuals who care about the work they produce and the people they work with.
What you’ll do:
- Work with writers to create visual assets (video, gifs, infographics, etc.) for Knowledge Base articles
- Maintain visual assets in-line with new product releases and updates
- Write, voice, record, edit, and publish video content
- Brainstorm new, fresh ways of providing educational content to users
- Use metrics to measure success of new assets
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Strong experience working with NLE softwares such as Premiere, Avid, Final Cut, Pro Tools, GarageBand, etc.
- Experience working with Adobe design applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, InDesign, etc)
- Comfortable prioritizing, starting, and managing projects independently
- Comfortable working on new, changing, and fast-paced projects
- Reel and/or portfolio preferred, please include in application
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.