Mailchimp Studios Intern (Original Content, Marketing) Fall 2019
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 6 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week internship program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way!
Start Date: August 26, 2019
Our Fall internship program has some flexibility in regards to school schedules; interns are expected to be here for the full of week of onboarding, August 26, 2019 - August 30, 2019. For students seeking a part-time schedule, the work schedule is set for full days on MWF.
We’re looking for a Marketing intern to join our Original Content team. We value creative, self-driven individuals who care about the work they produce and the people they work with—and we love a good sense of humor, too. If you are an excellent communicator and collaborator who likes to work independently as well as in team settings, keep reading!
The Marketing intern will work with our Original Content team and external production partners to support our Mailchimp Presents platform. We are looking for a candidate who is curious about entertainment content and has a background in marketing and or social media. In addition, they must have strong organizational skills, excellent written/verbal communication skills, and are looking to challenge themselves by working in a heavily cross-functional, fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the development and execution of promotional campaigns for our Mailchimp Presents properties (These properties include short-form series, films, and podcasts)
- Work cross functionally with internal teams such as Design, PR, Comms and Content and more, to create and traffic marketing assets for each Mailchimp Presents show campaign
- Work closely with our social media team to write and edit copy for the Mailchimp Presents Instagram handle
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- An interest in gaining exposure to entertainment content marketing
- A foundation in marketing and or social media
- Excellent copy writing and editing abilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varying timelines
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional people skills
- A willingness to learn
- Experience using G Suite apps
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.