Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The IT Specialist is part of the Mailchimp Employee IT Services team inside Business Operations; all Mailchimp employees are our customers. The Employee IT Services Team helps ensure Mailchimp employees everywhere have a solid technology foundation to do great work.
We are looking for a service-oriented IT professional with strong audio/video skills, communication skills and a technical understanding of IT in a Mac environment.
You will work in an open, casual environment for a rapidly growing software company operating audio and video systems for live events and video conferencing, responding to and resolving requests from internal employees, and providing IT support.
Our ideal candidate will combine broad technical skills and excellent communication, someone who happily approaches challenges with humor and creativity and doesn’t give up on a challenge. We are looking for an enthusiastic and effective collaborator, eager to work across the organization. Flexibility is essential; you must be open to learning new things and frequently changing environments.
What you’ll do:
- Be part of an Atlanta-based IT team. Work with your IT teammates to empower and support our diverse band of creative misfits (Mailchimp employees) wherever they happen to be.
- Help prepare for and execute local events, including operating our live-streaming studio so Mailchimp employees can watch and listen anywhere. Mailchimp offices have local events with guests, and you’ll provide IT and AV assistance to these events, including providing guest networking, and music or other event audio and video.
- Help onboard new Mailchimp employees by ensuring they have the tools and knowledge they need to be effective.
- Maintain IT supplies for the office, including ordering and recycling inventory.
- Troubleshoot wired and wireless network connections on macOS and iOS.
- Enjoy working in an open, inclusive environment where diversity in many forms (ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, etc.) is celebrated.
- Experience running an audio console, video switcher, camera, microphone and related equipment.
- Have experience running live events, live audio reinforcement, basic live TV production, or similar experience.
- Experience with Wirecast streaming software (or similar).
- Have experience managing and supporting cloud and local apps and software systems, including Okta and G-Suite.
- Have experience managing/supporting macOS computers in a business environment, ideally using management tools and frameworks.
- Thrive in a customer-facing role.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have supported a wired or wireless business network.
- Worked in IT in a creative or software company.
- Worked with the following (or similar) core technologies/applications: Jamf Pro, Duo, LastPass.
- Managed or supported Microsoft Active Directory.
- Supported an enterprise (multi-VLAN, 802.1X authenticated) network.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.