Software Engineering Manager
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp is seeking a Software Engineering Manager to help us build and grow engineering teams in our Oakland location. You'll mentor and grow individual contributors and lead multi-discipline product development teams.
- You will build engineering teams by engaging in hiring and onboarding new engineers.
- You will manage a team of 5-7 engineers working on multi-functional product teams.
- You will lead initiatives in collaboration with leadership in Engineering, QA, and Operations.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are passionate about career growth and self-development of our engineers.
- You love listening to our engineers and help them succeed in their career paths.
- You have prior experience as an engineer and leading engineering teams.
- You have a consistent record of running successful high-capacity, large-scale projects/architectures.
- You have the ability to deep-dive into code, fully grasp architecture concerns and communicate with networking, systems and storage teams.
- You have a deep understanding of technologies and best practices to build products.
- You have implemented effective and efficient processes to support a collaborative environment for the team.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Oakland and are happy to have a small but growing office right downtown, especially convenient to the BART.
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.