Senior Marketing Manager, Media/Advertising
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are looking for a seasoned advertising professional to lead all of our paid media programs.
Role Mission: Lead MailChimp’s advertising/media planning, buying and optimization, working with internal stakeholders to build integrated programs that drive awareness and demand, and ultimately revenue. This individual will have an important role within the marketing department, coordinating strategically with all of our third-party media agencies and key vendors. This person will regularly partner with the marketing analytics, brand, product marketing, and partner marketing teams to ensure that the department’s paid media programs are supporting their initiatives.
What you'll do:
- Paid Media Program Leadership: Collaborate with marketing leadership to develop and execute MailChimp’s overall paid media strategy.
- Manage (1) direct report: Marketing Manager, Media/Advertising who is largely responsible for MailChimp’s overall SEM and performance marketing strategy.
- Work with the Marketing Leadership Team to secure necessary campaign approval.
- Advertising Subject Matter Expertise: Measure efficacy of all media campaigns, with a heavy emphasis on digital performance channels like programmatic, direct investment, search and social.
- Recommend and evaluate targeting and segmentation strategy recommendations for all advertising programs.
- Stay informed of the latest trends in digital marketing, particularly with regards to ad tech, privacy and branding.
- Media Agency and Vendor Management: Maintain and guide a roster of at least two outside media agencies and a number of third-party vendors. Review agency reporting, making optimization recommendations when necessary.
- Meet with outside agencies, vendors and partners to evaluate proposals and review performance.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work with the Brand, Product and Partner Marketing teams to ensure campaign strategy and messaging aligns with initiative goals, objectives and customer journey.
- Work with the Product Marketing team to provide media recommendations, reporting/analysis, testing recommendations, and answer ad hoc questions.
- Collaborate with Marketing Analytics to develop and evaluate benchmarks and KPIs for measuring program effectiveness.
- Work with Marketing Analytics and Web Ops to implement and maintain best-in-class tagging solutions.
- Reporting and Optimization: Provide monthly performance analysis of paid media for internal monthly business review. Evaluate performance against campaign goals and objectives.
- Review media budget forecast and partner allocations. Suggest testing methodologies and experiments to improve conversion rates.
- Brand and Product Stewardship: Understand the MailChimp brand and the value to our end-users, infusing that into all advertising programs and campaigns.
- Participate in marketing and design cross-functional planning cycle to ensure that advertising programs incorporate appropriate elements.
- Coordinate with internal Design team and external creative and digital agencies to ensure assets are developed to spec, on time and in line with MailChimp’s brand guidelines.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA a plus)
- You have significant experience (10+ years) in advertising, preferably at both the agency and client side
- Experience managing media budgets of $20 million+
- Experience managing both internal teams and external agencies
- You have a strong understanding of advertising programs and strategies across a number of channels, with an emphasis on digital ones including background in the software space, with global experience if possible
- Solid understanding of the small business marketplace
- Deep understanding of the marketing ecosystem in driving not only performance, but improving the customer experience
- Expertise and comfort collaborating closely with analytics groups
- Demonstrated experience managing and bringing to market integrated marketing experiences and campaigns
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, service oriented and ever-changing environment
- Ability to seamlessly collaborate with other functional areas and teams within the department and organization
- Strong organization, problem-solving, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- See yourself as a collaborator and consensus builder
- Possesses a supreme attention to detail
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.