Senior Manager, Talent Development
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Reporting to the Director of Talent Development, the Senior Talent Development Manager will be responsible for the strategy, design, implementation, and evaluation of all leadership development programs, including competency development resources for individual contributors, management and leadership resources for people managers, and pipeline development resources for top talent at all levels.
The Senior Talent Development Manager will have experience in developing and delivering highly effective learning and development programs to support acquisition and retention of core competencies and leadership behaviors across all levels and departments. They will own the execution of multiple current and future leadership development initiatives, from assessment to evaluation, for Mailchimp employees at all locations.
What you’ll do here:
- Oversee leadership development programs and experiences including program strategy, content and material production, planning and logistics, and evaluations and metrics.
- Provide coaching support to mid-senior and department leadership.
- In collaboration with the Talent Development team, design and facilitate leadership development resources for current and future people leaders.
- Communicate with cross-functional, cross-level stakeholders to ensure continuous impact and engagement of leadership development programs.
- Leveraging systems and technologies, develop and maintain an integrated and high-quality experience for all learners and a database for leadership development activities and impact.
- In collaboration with the Talent Development team, manage the operational components for the team including reporting of metrics, evaluation of program effectiveness, and vendor management.
- Actively collaborate with leadership and peers in Talent Development and across all People Strategy & Operations teams.
- Develop and lead high performing leadership development team.
- Approximately 15-25% travel required.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 7+ years of experience in learning program management, talent development, HR, adult education, or equivalent field
- You have 3+ years of experience managing a team
- You have demonstrated experience developing and optimizing leadership development programs.
- You have expertise in instructional design and facilitation for in-person and remote programs.
- Your background includes a proven track record of operationalizing, scaling, and executing learning programs.
- You have demonstrated experience evaluating, measuring, and reporting impact of learning programs.
- You have proven executive coaching experience; coaching certification preferred.
- You have demonstrated empowering, inclusive management style that optimizes highly capable talent.
- You have a strong business acumen and systemic perspective.
- You are enthusiastic about working in ambiguous business environments.
- You have demonstrated bias to action and outcome orientation.
- You are adept at managing multiple competing priorities and duties in a fast-paced, outcome-driven, time-critical, rapidly changing environment with minimal supervision.
- You have project and program management skills and the ability to oversee multiple simultaneous tasks/projects with minimal supervision.
- You have proven ability to build and sustain credibility with demanding and diverse stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience working with distributed teams a plus.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.