Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools
The IT Specialist is part of the Mailchimp Employee IT Services team inside Business Operations, and all employees are our customers. The Employee IT Services Team helps ensure Mailchimp employees everywhere have a solid technology foundation to do great work.
We are looking for a service-oriented professional with strong communication skills and a technical understanding of IT in a Mac environment.
You will work in an open, casual environment for a rapidly growing software company, responding to and resolving requests from internal employees, setting up new computers and providing basic IT support.
Our ideal candidate will combine broad technical skills and excellent communication, someone who happily approaches challenges with humor and creativity and doesn’t give up on a challenge. We are looking for an enthusiastic and effective collaborator, eager to work across the organization.
What you’ll do:
- Be part of an Atlanta-based IT team (you won’t be responsible for every IT thing in Brooklyn). When something IT- or network-related requires someone on site in Brooklyn, that’s what you’re there for. Otherwise you will work with your IT teammates to empower and support our diverse band of creative misfits (Mailchimp employees) wherever they happen to be. Some examples of local IT responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot wired and wireless network connections on macOS.
- Troubleshoot local network-based devices such as access controls, security cameras, and videoconferencing equipment.
- Physically connect/disconnect/power cycle equipment when needed (or when directed by Atlanta IT or Networks teams).
- Help employees select and connect peripherals and accessories.
- Maintain IT supplies for the office, including ordering and recycling inventory.
- Help oversee the buildout of a new office suite. You’ll provide updates to the Atlanta team as the project progresses, you’ll physically install and connect (pre-configured) network equipment and servers, and you’ll troubleshoot connectivity to get the network, security, and access control systems up and running with the help of Atlanta teams.
- Advocate for Brooklyn employees in company conversations, helping to ensure that the Brooklyn employee perspective is always considered.
- Help onboard Brooklyn employees. Every Mailchimp employee experiences initial onboarding and orientation in Atlanta. You’ll help ensure they have the tools and knowledge they need to be effective when they arrive in the Brooklyn office.
- Help the Brooklyn site director prepare for and execute local events. The Brooklyn office may have local events with guests, and you’ll provide IT and AV assistance, including providing guest networking, and music or other event audio or video. You may also assist the Atlanta-based Collaboration Team with live-streaming events so Mailchimp employees can watch and listen anywhere.
- Enjoy working in an open, inclusive environment where diversity in many forms (ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, etc.) is celebrated.
- Have experience managing and supporting cloud and local apps and software systems, including Okta and G-Suite.
- Have experience managing/supporting macOS computers in a business environment, ideally using management tools and frameworks.
- Thrive in a customer-facing role.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have supported a wired or wireless business network.
- Worked in IT in a creative or software company.
- Worked with the following (or similar) core technologies/applications: Jamf Pro, Duo, LastPass.
- Managed or supported Microsoft Active Directory.
- Supported an enterprise (multi-VLAN, 802.1X authenticated) network.
- Experience running an audio board, video switcher, camera, microphone.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Brooklyn and are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight and views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade and within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F and R lines).
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.