Marketing Manager, Messaging Strategy
Mailchimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use Mailchimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
We are seeking a data-driven, strategic Marketing Manager who will be responsible for driving the success of Mailchimp’s all-in-one Marketing Platform with insight-driven messaging for key vertical customer segments. This will include developing a deep understanding of Mailchimp customers and prospects, products and technology, the overall market, key vertical markets and segments, and the competition. A successful candidate will then apply that understanding to create messaging and merchandising strategies to attract, engage and acquire these segments.
You should have several years of experience with marketing messaging and taking new products to market. We’re looking for a data-oriented and creative marketer with exceptional content and messaging experience. You should have a passion for small businesses, taking the complex and making it simple, and for marketing through compelling stories. You will be responsible for creating compelling messaging that differentiates Mailchimp in the marketplace, inspiring your peers, and exciting our customers across segments, verticals and target markets.
In this role you will work closely with all other marketing functions and product management to accurately position Mailchimp solutions in the marketplace and define go-to-market strategies that will accelerate growth globally.
What you'll do here:
- Develop relevant, differentiated frames and messages for our customer segments, verticals, and target markets as defined in the marketing strategy
- Write briefs - both comprehensive and executive summaries - that are used to inform go-to-market campaigns and tactics
- Create nuanced product launch content for segments, verticals, and target markets
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop umbrella message campaigns that incorporate multiple products for a cohesive launch and message strategy
- Develop merchandising strategies
- Participate in market and customer research
- Develop business cases for new solutions
- Develop and execute internal and external launch plans
- Build a deep understanding of our customers, the market, vertical markets and the competition across all the regions in which Mailchimp does business
- Build positioning and messaging for relevant segments and audiences
- Create product messaging built for key segments
- Lead cross-functional merchandising and product marketing efforts to attract, engage and acquire key segments
- Build site merchandising strategies to support segment awareness and customer pathing
- Define clear and compelling customer pain points, value propositions, competitive differentiation, and customer success stories
- Create new product introduction strategies and go-to-market plans
- Partner with the Content Team to support all of the above including webinars, educational tips & tricks, in-app messaging, guides, product videos, customer success stories, blog posts, ebooks, infographics, and more
- Validate hypotheses through customer insights, data analysis, and testing
- Monitor competitive activities, identifying gaps and opportunities
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have 8+ yrs experience in B2SMB or B2C product marketing in the Martech, SaaS, cloud or mobile technology industries
- You are experienced with marketing technology products to small and medium businesses
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills, including specific experience writing and editing for different media and varied audiences
- You have proven experience creating compelling messaging for different segments and personas
- You have proven experience in merchandising across channels, include site merchandising
- You have proven ability to create go-to-market positioning and strategies and to create and position unique solutions for different customers
- You're able to craft compelling stories, collateral, and tools around technology products and services for both business and technical buyers
- You are an experienced marketer that understands how to use the full marketing toolkit
- You are technically savvy and intellectually curious about new technologies and how they work to enable new customer solutions
- You're an avid learner who has experience learning new markets and industries and devising solutions and marketing strategies to reach those markets
- You have strong teaming skills and experience to bring together diverse views
- You have the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
- You are a strong creative problem solver with the ability to think strategically
- You have demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work to drive results on-time and with high quality
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.